My friend has the LG voyager and it recently broke for the second or third time now. It sends blank texts to people and calls people randomly. turns on and off by itself and its completely F'd up.

How can he upgrade to a BB for free?
    07-09-09 05:07 PM
    I don't think VZW will think a BB and an LG Voyager are phones that are a like device to trade out.

I think the only way he will be upgrade for free is to wait until his upgrade date.
    07-09-09 05:13 PM
    True but I could have sworn that I read a post or two about how some people's phone kept breaking and they upgraded to a BB...idk
    07-09-09 05:24 PM
    I for one don't see that being the norm and I am sure there were many more factors involved than just a few non-working phones.

If the customer is eligible to upgrade and has a NE2 they might be able to get a BB for free, but as a simple multi-fru exchange I don't see that being the case seeing as to how we have a matrix set up to resolve problems like this.
    07-09-09 05:29 PM
    if its under warranty, then they would give you the envtouch which is the new voyager (why verizon would use a name and pay plantronics to use it is beyond me).....anyhow, if you go through insurance, they will give you an equivalent...my wife is on her 8th voyager.....
    when my q9m had to be replaced, the 9c's they were sending me were dying in a week, software issues.
    I said can I switch to the curve and they said the equivalent was the samsung saga.....
    07-09-09 05:30 PM
    VZW does not pay Plantronics... hence why the name is not Voyager 2 and is enV Touch!

And the last time I checked the replacement to the Voyager was not the enV Touch.
    07-09-09 05:47 PM
    Yes the voyager2 debuted as the env touch. And they paid plantronics a license fee for the original voyager.

You state that the voyager2 is the env touch then your second one you say it isn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 05:51 PM
    Anyhow its off topic. I do think activating the new devices will tough with so many people getting the tour. Outage anyone?

07-09-09 05:54 PM
    I meant in the second line that the fru matrix for replacing an original Voyager is not the enV Touch. Why would VZW give people a phone that has been out less than a month? When they could put them in something like the dare or even the versa?

VZW did not pay Plantronics for the enV Touch. The original one I know they did. I am stating the enV Touch that you brought up. Sorry I was very unclear in my last post.
    07-09-09 05:56 PM
    Makes sense now. No prob.

07-09-09 06:01 PM
    My friend has the LG voyager and it recently broke for the second or third time now. It sends blank texts to people and calls people randomly. turns on and off by itself and its completely F'd up.

How can he upgrade to a BB for free?

I didnt ready anything past this post but.....Is that a serious question? Really?
    07-10-09 03:54 PM
    I can't wait until I am BB free. Life will be so much nicer.

07-10-09 06:02 PM
    My Voyager just broke for the second time since I have had it and I sent an email to CS and they are giving me a 1 year contract price upgrade to any phone I want.....hmmm wonder which I am going to choose. TOUR!!! Can't wait.
    07-10-09 07:13 PM
    Wheeeee! What is that? $50 off? Say goodbye to that $50 in less than 3 months with that BB.

07-10-09 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD