Hey

We have four phones. two BB two dumb.. The two dumb phones are up for renewal but we would like to use them to upgrade the BB's whioch are NOT up for renewal.. We are on alltel now with alltel phones..

1. does verizon allow the new phones to be used on the non-upgradable lines? meaning the lines with eligible upgrades will not be the lines getting the new phones..

2. What is the process?? Do we have to choose a new plan for all phones or just the ones getting extended or just the ones getting the new phones??

3. do we all need new phones because we are going to be verizon plan or no??

4. what if one of the phones we want is only available online?

thanks in advance guys.. this will save me sometime in the store hopefully...
    10-08-09 08:11 PM
    does verizon allow the new phones to be used on the non-upgradable lines? meaning the lines with eligible upgrades will not be the lines getting the new phones..

A. Not sure what the question is, but yes you can bring in your own equipment and activate them on verizon lines

2. What is the process?? Do we have to choose a new plan for all phones or just the ones getting extended or just the ones getting the new phones??

A. You can do both, you can either Keep your same plan, or you can change the plan...if you try to change the plan you must have all new verizon phones

3. do we all need new phones because we are going to be verizon plan or no??

A. Yes

4. what if one of the phones we want is only available online?

A. I am sure there are Premium Retailers for Verizon that can get the phone that you want, plus they can help you set it all up

As a plus through the end of October if one line is eligible then all lines are eligible to upgrade.

If you have anyother questions just send me a message

thanks in advance guys.. this will save me sometime in the store hopefully...
    10-09-09 03:43 PM
    thanks for the help.. we will be visting a store tonight to get everything switched..

the first que was..

when on alltel if line A was up for renewal we could sign a new contract and get discount pricing on the phone which could then be activated on line B, C, or D..

Also if we are on the family share plan with alltel we are basically on the same plan.. only two lines are up for renewal.. it would be cheaper to have the same type plan with verizon so we would have to change everyones plan correct?

i guess this all doesnt mean much if all lines are eligible through october deal??
    10-09-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD