Greetings! Looking for some upgrade advice from you good folks.

I'm 11 months into a 2 year Verizon contract with my Storm1. Verizon just offered me a chance to break the contract and upgrade to another smartphone.

I'm pretty happy with Storm1 running the latest official OS release, but I tried a Storm2 today and that new screen is really an improvement for typing and selection.

So... Do I bail to Android? Start a new 2 year contract with Storm2? Or wait out my current contract for Something Great on the Horizon in the Not-Too-Distant future?

Any input most appreciated. Thanks!
    11-16-09 12:26 AM
    They let me do the same thing I went quth eris and now I just switch back and forth between the storm 1 and eris

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 07:49 AM
    Thanks, jrodjrxbox!
    11-16-09 10:20 AM
    Wait and see what comes out over the next couple of months.
    11-18-09 10:34 AM
    The only thing guarenteed is the curve 2 on Friday... but who knows what will pop up.
    11-18-09 11:19 AM
    Are you overly opposed to to WM devices? I think that TP2 and omnia 2 should be on that list

11-18-09 11:39 AM
    and upgrade to another smartphone.
    Oh no Jimbo I thought the OP said that they were looking for a new bb not just a smartphone
    11-18-09 12:12 PM
    Are you overly opposed to to WM devices? I think that TP2 and omnia 2 should be on that list
    They should be on the short list for anyone wanting a good smartphone.

I am open to anything that works. Even with my strong dislike for anything Google, I continue to give Android a chance. While the Moto Droid has merit, it is a rather poor design that is ugly, too. I am also open to change - it was just two years ago that I recommended BlackBerry to anyone who asked. Now BlackBerry is at the bottom of my list. So a little time, company decisions & competition can change reality - just never do the hope & change thing.

As for the TP2, has anyone noticed it is the ONLY smartphone VZW offers that doesn't have a free phone deal attached? Yet it is selling in such numbers that VZW can't keep enough stock to put them in the stores. It is yet another good device that VZW seems bent on destroying - no stores, limited telesales, no advertising, little in the way of accessories or support - but this time, they can't seem to succeed. The thing is a desirable piece - I love mine & have had so few problems I can't help but think the naysayers have not actually lived with one.

The only people opposed to WM these days are those who indiscriminately read old info & who have trouble turning a TP2 on.

11-18-09 12:18 PM
    Whatever you do, stay with BB.
    11-19-09 04:15 PM
    Whatever you do, stay with BB.
    Why?

11-19-09 07:27 PM
    FWIW, I was told by a store manager today (I know, I know, they don;t really know anything) that VZ is releasing 14 new phones between now and January. My Storm is a great toy and I can wait another 2 months. Remember, after 1 year of a two year contract you can upgrade at the promotional price. ( I don't know if there are restrictions)
    11-19-09 10:05 PM
    There are restrictions.
    I forget what they are but there is a minimum plan pricing.
    Does not include data or features.
    11-20-09 12:41 AM
    the touch pro 2 is very nice phone i was going to get it. but the eris caught my eye, i loved the g1 so decided to with the eris
    11-20-09 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD