Hi everyone,

I am in need of some advice. I can get a BlackBerry 8703e (Verizon) for a very good price. Right now I have a 7250 (Verizon). Would this be a good idea to upgrade?

Thanks!
    Paul
    03-01-08 03:39 PM
    I would go for it, but why not a 8830 or 8130?
    03-01-08 03:58 PM
    I would go for it, but why not a 8830 or 8130?
    My contract with VZW has a long time left on it, and it seems to me the ones on eBay are quite expensive (compared to a 2 year agreement price with VZW).

Paul
    03-01-08 04:03 PM
    Hi everyone,

I am in need of some advice. I can get a BlackBerry 8703e (Verizon) for a very good price. Right now I have a 7250 (Verizon). Would this be a good idea to upgrade?

Thanks!
    Paul

Paul:

I went from a 7250 to an 8703e. The screen is much clearer, you can organize your photos, and add pictures to contacts. However, I found the 7250 to be a more ergonomic device; it just "fit" better in my hand. The 8703e is much more box-like. The battery life on my 8703e is a little better as well. If you can get it cheap, go for it. Otherwise, get in line with the rest of us and wait for the Curve!

Good luck!
    Rob
    03-01-08 08:48 PM
    Thanks for your reply, Rob. I was actually looking on Ebay. I thought I could get one for about $50 shipped. Unfortunately, that auction ended, and I can't seem to find any more auctions that cheap. The only one near it is one for about $80 shipped. Do you think this would be worth it?

Thanks!
    Paul

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-08 09:08 PM
    Well as long as your not extending your contract I would go for it. I had it for a week. And sold it I needed the money. I had a friend get 2 on eBay for 30 bucks. If you are interested I can see if he will sell it for a good price.

03-01-08 11:40 PM
    Hi,

I might be interested, how much do you think he would sell it for shipping? Is it in good condition? Would it include a battery?

Paul

03-02-08 11:03 AM
    Yeah it has everything with it I will hit him on messenger.

03-02-08 11:06 AM
    Yeah it has everything with it I will hit him on messenger.

Okay, thanks!
    03-02-08 03:22 PM
    I was actually looking on Ebay. I thought I could get one for about $50 shipped. Unfortunately, that auction ended, and I can't seem to find any more auctions that cheap. The only one near it is one for about $80 shipped. Do you think this would be worth it?

Paul:

I got mine from eBay. You have to be careful. I wouldn't bid on an auction that uses "stock photos" of the devices. Don't be hesitant to ask a lot of questions. You need to have the sellers qualify their system of rating condition of the device. I was real happy with mine and had no trouble activating it online. What's the contract price on the 8703e? I think it's still around $250 isn't it? If you can sang one for under $100 bucks, I'd say go for it. Especially if you're not anywhere near your NE2 discount. People have been speculating about the release date of the Curve on VZW for months now. When it comes out, great. They'll sell a ton of them and I'll be right on line with everyone else. I'm just not holding my breath anymore...

Good luck!
    Rob
    03-02-08 06:47 PM
    I bought a 8703e from craigslist and love it. It is my first bb. I too had time left on my contract and wanted to save my re-up for when the curve gets here (who knows when My only wishes other than a camera would be a memory card. I wish I could use a memory card on my 8703e so I could keep more content/apps on my bb. Overall I really like it though.
    03-03-08 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD