I was wondering if verizon offers any options for people not satisfied with their phones (2 year contracts) wanting to upgrade to something like the droid x and resign their contract.....

Would hate to have to pay full retail price... Any ideas?
    07-20-10 03:39 AM
    When is your contract up?
    07-20-10 07:00 AM
    They currently have a promotion where you can upgrade early to a smartphone if your contract expires this year. Also, as a Primary on a familyshare, you also qualify for an Annual Upgrade on the 12th month of your 2-yr contract. There is options, just look on your My Verizon page, that gives you info on your line and possible other lines; you can also call in for this info.
    07-20-10 12:27 PM
    I had a Storm 1 it crashed last week...I've already had it replaced twice called the 800 customer service number and complained the other day. I called stated facts like " I've been with you guys for over 10 years, never been late on my bill, never had my phone shut off for any reason, have pretty much paid you about $15,000 in the past 10 years in cell phone charges and I don't understand why you keep replacing a phone thats going to crash over and over again. I just want to upgrade to the Storm 2 so I won't have anymore problems and why would i be charged full price? I've been a very loyal customer. Can you help me out? This is what they did for me...I got the Storm 2 at a discounted price! The service rep started at $249 - $100 = $149 then I got a $100 rebate so with shipping it ended up costing me about $63 bucks total. I say call the 800 number they never help you at the store and see what you can get out of them. Keep in mind the Iphone just recently dropped and Spirt is doing unlimited everything for only $69 bucks. Verizon is going to keep as many customers as they can...
    07-22-10 11:13 PM
    Thanks I shall try it out. Like you I have been a costumer for 10+ years. I wonder how much leverage I have with them knowing that I am stuck with a $350 etf....

Will try tomorrow. Ill keep you posted.
    07-22-10 11:18 PM
    I had a Storm 1 it crashed last week...I've already had it replaced twice called the 800 customer service number and complained the other day. I called stated facts like " I've been with you guys for over 10 years, never been late on my bill, never had my phone shut off for any reason, have pretty much paid you about $15,000 in the past 10 years in cell phone charges and I don't understand why you keep replacing a phone thats going to crash over and over again. I just want to upgrade to the Storm 2 so I won't have anymore problems and why would i be charged full price? I've been a very loyal customer. Can you help me out? This is what they did for me...I got the Storm 2 at a discounted price! The service rep started at $249 - $100 = $149 then I got a $100 rebate so with shipping it ended up costing me about $63 bucks total. I say call the 800 number they never help you at the store and see what you can get out of them. Keep in mind the Iphone just recently dropped and Spirt is doing unlimited everything for only $69 bucks. Verizon is going to keep as many customers as they can...
    I love when people pull this crap...lol
    07-23-10 02:11 AM
    Vzw keeps telling me over the phone that my 8330 blackberry can be upgraded now , its the primary number on a family share plan which I just started a month ago when I added the incredible.
    It is not really due until 6/11 from the online web page so I guess thats some kinda promotion too,they kinda "hint" like as to suggest I should upgrade that one to the "DX" . but IDK yet lol
    07-23-10 01:17 PM
    I love when people pull this crap...lol
    Pulling what crap? Its basic facts and it worked for me! I have no complaints. The problem with people now a days they dont try....
    07-27-10 10:05 PM
    Pulling what crap? Its basic facts and it worked for me! I have no complaints. The problem with people now a days they dont try....
    I did the same thing. Called complained about my Storm 1 and was approved for an early upgrade on the spot. I didn't succeed on the first call but the 2nd call did the trick.
    07-27-10 10:46 PM
    I checked my account and it states I can pay full price for a device and I'm 7 months away from my contracts end. However, phones are discounted when I actually add them to my cart (Droid X for example) so I guess it's always possible. Personally, I'm holding out until the LTE Network drops out in Chicago as a representative at my local store just went to the conference and confirmed testing is happening in Chicago at this moment. I was planning on waiting either way though as LTE is going to be so great that no words can describe it.
    07-28-10 05:41 AM
    Supermario actually makes me want to leave Verizon.
    07-28-10 09:29 AM
    Pulling what crap? You signed a contract when you bought your original phone that states you will keep that phone for 2 years, and if you want to buy a phone before the 2 years are up, you need to pay full price. Why do people feel such of a sense of entitlement these days. I work in customer service, and get calls every day, saying "you will do this, and you will do that to keep me happy". How about NO, and if you don't like it pay the $350 etf, buy a new phone at a new carrier. At that point, you're paying the same amount as if you bought a phone anyway. Too bad I can't say that to customers.
    07-28-10 09:30 AM

How does someone on a message board want you to leave a Mobile phone company? Thank doesn't make sense. And if you look at most of his posts they are extemely helpful. You can leave if you want, we won't miss you.
    07-28-10 09:33 AM
    Ok Bye!!!!!!!!!
    07-28-10 12:24 PM
    He meant pulling the crap where you want a pat on the back for doing what you are obligated to do. You sign a contract, that means you are obligated to pay that bill every month. You chose to stay with VZW for 10 years, no one made you do it. Why do people think they are entitled to stuff and dont have to fulfill agreements because they did what they were obligated to do?
    07-29-10 10:51 AM
    He meant pulling the crap where you want a pat on the back for doing what you are obligated to do. You sign a contract, that means you are obligated to pay that bill every month. You chose to stay with VZW for 10 years, no one made you do it. Why do people think they are entitled to stuff and dont have to fulfill agreements because they did what they were obligated to do?

+1

ten char
    07-29-10 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD