Well, my wife took her VZW Curve back to the store (the camera has not been working for several weeks now - nothing we tried has helped). Tech support could not fix it either. Their solution was to send her a new Curve, as they did not have any available in the store.

Now, here is my question. Should we think that a new Curve will arrive in the mail to us?? Just that easy?? Are we going to have to return the one she has? And,..... can we activate it on our own or do we have to bring it to a store?

Thanks !
    09-17-08 10:42 AM
    More than likely you will have to send the broken one back (sometimes they give you a shipping label) or take it back to the store. As for activation you could do it over the phone, go to the store, or your online acct. You just need to do one of those steps to change the ESN associated w/your acct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 12:22 PM
    Yes you send the broken one back, and yes they even throw in the shipping label, I believe it's prepaid fedex and you have 30 days to send it back.
    activating options are just like faydina said, gotta love vzw customer service.
    09-17-08 12:40 PM
    u might want to make sure when they send you the new one that B4 u send the other one back it has the Battery and the Back cover as well just a heads up -
    09-18-08 12:32 PM
    it even easier without changing the esn... all you have to do it enter the code that comes in the box and hit send and the activated the new one....
    09-18-08 03:33 PM
    The certified like-new phones do not come with a batterry or back. You use the ones you have.

09-18-08 05:35 PM
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Just one gripe......what is this crap about "certified like-new"? I mean, the phone is less than 6 months old !! Doesn't Verizon or RIM stand behind the products they make/sell for longer than that !!
    09-21-08 06:34 PM
    What are you trying to ask? You have a 1 year warranty. If you have a problem, they'll replace the phone. Why would you need a new battery or battery cover?

09-21-08 06:37 PM
    Yeah, they replaced the phone, but why not with a totally new one? (I am not concerned about the battery or the cover)
    09-21-08 06:43 PM
    Because your phone wasn't brand new when it had a problem.

This is the same way every warranty in the world works. If your car's transmissions goes out, they don't give you a new car. If your TV doesn't turn on they don't hand you one out of the box new.

Sometimes a PURCHASED warranty may provide a new replacement but I've never seen a manufacturer do that.

09-21-08 06:49 PM