Hi all,

Anybody from VZW in here know of any upcoming Blackberry promotions launching in the next couple months? I'm kinda sick of my 8330 and would like something better, but I don't really feel like spending 200 or more...

Was hoping ultimately to hit the store on a BOGO and get two tours so I could sell one to recoop my costs, that way i'd have the cash to get the essex early next year when it came out. Anything like this coming anytime soon? TIA
    10-09-09 11:14 AM
    Hi all,

Anybody from VZW in here know of any upcoming Blackberry promotions launching in the next couple months? I'm kinda sick of my 8330 and would like something better, but I don't really feel like spending 200 or more...

Was hoping ultimately to hit the store on a BOGO and get two tours so I could sell one to recoop my costs, that way i'd have the cash to get the essex early next year when it came out. Anything like this coming anytime soon? TIA
    How much do you think you could see the phone for vs. the two data plans that would be required? I wouldn't pay more than $10 for a phone not bought directly from the carrier. But as the saying goes: "There's a sucker born every minute."
    10-09-09 11:49 AM
    You have to sign 2 agreements to get 2 BB's on the BOGO. They dont just give them to people because they are nice.
    10-09-09 11:54 AM
    Well...

In November i'm eligible for a $100 VIP credit. If I use it on a BOGO, then I get two tours for 99.99 or less total, keep them on my family plan's existing lines for a month, after which I cancel the BB plan for the one I'm not personally using, and sell it.

Then when the Essex comes out, I sell my personal Tour and buy that instead. I figured I'd at least break even doing that.

So.... does anybody with Verizon know of any upcoming BB promotions in the next couple months?
    Last edited by bacon.jay; 10-09-09 at 01:20 PM.
    10-09-09 01:03 PM
    Well...

In November i'm eligible for a $100 VIP credit. If I use it on a BOGO, then I get two tours for 99.99 or less total, keep them on my family plan's existing lines for a month, after which I cancel the BB plan for the one I'm not personally using, and sell it.

Then when the Essex comes out, I sell my personal Tour and buy that instead. I figured I'd at least break even doing that.

So.... does anybody with Verizon know of any upcoming BB promotions in the next couple months?
    Not sure what Verizon's policy is on removing the BB feature after a month, but I know the company I work for will charge you the $100 advanced device credit that they lose for you not having the phone active for 6 months....Also some places dont honor both the NE2 credit AND BOGO. Once again someone that works Verizon retail corp store will have more info for you on both of these deals.
    10-09-09 02:02 PM
    in regards to your queston, OP. No there is no news on any upcoming BB offers, expect to see them end of Nov, beginning Dec b4 the end of the Q4.
    10-09-09 10:34 PM
    in regards to your queston, OP. No there is no news on any upcoming BB offers, expect to see them end of Nov, beginning Dec b4 the end of the Q4.
    And the reps aren't told until maybe a week before one rolls out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 10:38 PM
    Well...

You cant remove a blackberry data plan. You cant remove any new PDA data plan. If you have the phone activated on your account, you have to have the minimum 29.99 data plan. Dont argue the point, read what i wrote and accept it because its 150% valid. Its a point thats touched on 4 times a day and its getting really really old. "Then when the essex comes out" You never know when future devices are coming out or even being produced at all, extending 2 contracts when you have no intentions of keeping the phones is ridiculous to me.
    10-10-09 10:30 AM
    And the reps aren't told until maybe a week before one rolls out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Correct, we hear about the promos at our weekly friday morning meetings the friday before they start. Most of the promos start on a Sunday.
    10-10-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD