I stopped into my local Verizon store today and looked at phones for my wife and I. Our S2's are suffering from the dreaded random reboots and even after a wipe with BBSAK they aren't getting any better.

I really didn't want to leave BlackBerry but I just may. That isn't what this post is about. I digress...

I made it clear that I knew the tiered data was coming and the rep started dropping hints. I am looking at the Samsung Charge and he encouraged me to make my decision soon, but NOT today. Now he knew I knew about the (July 7?) date for the pricing change. I would have thought he would try to push me out the door with a new phone "just in time to beat the deadline". But he didn't. He hinted that there would be a promotion between now and July 7. There could be no other reason that he didn't try to close me today.

So has anyone heard about anything coming up, but before the 7th? Any help is much appreciated!
    06-24-11 12:56 PM
    Maybe it has something to do with the price of the phone IDK. Because right everyone who doesn't already have the unlimited data plan is getting it right now so they can be grandfathered in.

It would be interesting to see what the promo is.
    06-24-11 03:11 PM
    It has to be with the price of the phone. And it has to be soon. So if you're interested in that phone, and possibly others, keep a close eye out leading up to the 7th.

Anyone else heard anything?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-11 03:55 PM
    Our S2's are suffering from the dreaded random reboots and even after a wipe with BBSAK they aren't getting any better.

I really didn't want to leave BlackBerry but I just may. That isn't what this post is about. I digress...
    If you want to get away from buggy software, Android is not the answer.
    06-24-11 04:19 PM
    I appreciate your off topic post but

1. I don't think its software on the S2, if it were a wipe would have fixed it.

2. By the time a new BB comes out on vzw I will be eligible to upgrade again.

3. I'm ready to try something new for 30 days without risk. I can come back to BB if need be.

Again, this thread is only about upcoming promos, not about anyones choice of phones.

06-24-11 04:36 PM

3. I'm ready to try something new for 30 days without risk. I can come back to BB if need be.
    I hate to push the thread off topic further but just an FYI. If you switch from the smartphone data plan to the blackberry data plan after 7/7 you will lose unlimited data and be tiered. VZW customer service has confirmed this to me.
    06-24-11 09:57 PM
    That is actually helpful information. Good to know. I am thinking it is a chance I am going to have to take.

As I do my looking around the net I am beginning to think that maybe a new phone is coming, not a deal on the one I am looking at. Hard telling but the Samsung Function is rumored to be dropping very soon. Curiously, there are not hard dates online and I can't believe a low level rep would have enough of a hunch to delay selling me today...but who knows? I know this isn't the forum to be asking about droids in.

At this point, anything that drops after the tiered pricing change is dead in the water. That is a deal breaker for me. I have to get in under the wire, even if it is taking a chance in uncharted waters.
    06-24-11 10:05 PM
    I hate to push the thread off topic further but just an FYI. If you switch from the smartphone data plan to the blackberry data plan after 7/7 you will lose unlimited data and be tiered. VZW customer service has confirmed this to me.
    Wrong. You and the rep are wrong. Thanks though.

06-25-11 03:29 AM
    Wrong. You and the rep are wrong. Thanks though.

I would love to be wrong since I switch devices so often. What is your source (if you can say)?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...11/index3.html
    06-25-11 07:35 AM
    I appreciate your off topic post but

1. I don't think its software on the S2, if it were a wipe would have fixed it.

2. By the time a new BB comes out on vzw I will be eligible to upgrade again.

Again, this thread is only about upcoming promos, not about anyones choice of phones.

I thought the return policy was changed from 30 days down to 14 days?
    06-25-11 02:51 PM
    Actually I think you're correct. No matter what I will have some breathing room.

06-25-11 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD