Up for an upgrade next week from my 8830WE, and trying to figure out what to do. Should I go now and get the Tour, or wait a few months for the new Storm (or maybe the new Curve if it ever appears)?

Thoughts?
    08-12-09 12:43 PM
    Tons of people wondering the same thing. Think of the obvious... Tour is the upgrade for the WE you just had... Storm 1 had issues up the @ss and rumors of the storm 2 having wifi have hyped it up a ton. But will they have all the issues fixed. Best bet is to wait untill the storm 2 comes out. By then the Tour will have dropped price, and you can at least play with the storm 2 for 30 days...
    08-12-09 12:55 PM
    How wedded are you to a keyboard? How comfortable are you with a touch screen? Your decision may hinge on this. I agree that waiting is the best idea. That way you have the ability to get one, and if you don't like it, exchange it for the other.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/to...rm-2-a-284734/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/do...2-tour-258759/

Last edited by crackberryfan; 08-12-09 at 02:04 PM.
    08-12-09 01:59 PM
    I've got a pearl flip, but if the storm 2 is everything they say its going to be then I think I will have to get a storm 2. Just wait, that way you cant lose.
    08-13-09 05:34 AM
    The Storm 2 scares me, because again it is going to be new technology, and we all know how the first roll out went. Also, RIM is working on a completely different type of touch screen at this point, which is supposed to blow the current out of the water.

It depends on what features you will use, but if you are an avid texter/bbm/email person, the touch may get old quickly.

I have had the pearl flip, storm and now a tour, and i can say in my opinion the Tour is my favorite to date.
    08-13-09 06:22 AM
    and i can say in my opinion the Tour is my favorite to date.
    Agreed.
    10 char
    08-13-09 07:38 AM
    i'm up for an upgrade next month. I was thinking of waiting for the storm 2 as well but i played with a co-workers original storm. The lack of a keypad makes me not want to wait for the storm 2.
    08-16-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD