I currently have a STORM I and will be up for a new phone shortly. Mine is currently having the screen sensitivity problems and I can't get it above 25mb memory. Have had no real problems with it other than that. Always seemed to work fine for me until recently(maybe programmed to fail at renewal time ??).

Any thoughts on a new phone? STORM2? DROID? STORM3 coming? Others?
    I had a G'z One(however you say the name of it ). I don't think I could go back although I see it now has a flip out keyboard. I don't think I could deal with the small screen now that I have had the STORM. But I do fish a lot and having a 'waterproof' phone would be nice.

Verizon service.

I know this is like asking what car to buy but............. but a guy has to start somewhere.
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 06-15-10 at 10:19 AM.
    06-15-10 10:15 AM
    I tried the android thing but the print on the devices are way too small for me and no way to increase unless you are on the web. The incredible was the best but poor call quality and reception. Also too many steps to complete a simple task so I just purchased a storm 2 and so far so good jus waiting for a new browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 10:46 AM
    I tried the android thing but the print on the devices are way too small for me and no way to increase unless you are on the web. The incredible was the best but poor call quality and reception. Also too many steps to complete a simple task so I just purchased a storm 2 and so far so good jus waiting for a new browser.

So, in other words, the Incredible was too complicated for you?
    06-15-10 10:50 AM
    So, in other words, the Incredible was too complicated for you?
    I don't know if that's what the poster meant or not...but as someone who's used both Android and BB devices (primarily BB), I will say that Android does things a bit differently. I wouldn't say it was *too complicated*, but I did find myself frustrated at times because you almost have to re-learn the process of where things are located, certain settings, etc. I also found myself surprised at times of things I couldn't do on Android that I could on BB (although I suppose that is a two-way street).

If it were me, I know I prefer Blackberry based on my needs, I also know if my current unit were acting up and it was time to think about replacing it, I wouldn't be willing to wait ~5 months for the new model to come out, so I'd probably opt for the Storm 2 if I were in your shoes. If the idea of not having the "latest and greatest" bugs you a bit and you think you'll be sorry come November when(/if) the Storm 3 is released, then I'd probably give a good look at the Incredible to see if I like it or not. Of course, the bottom line is no matter what you buy or when you buy it, something new and better is gonna come out before your upgrade is eligible, that's a fact, and there's no getting around it.
    06-15-10 11:03 AM
    don't feed the tool....err, troll
    06-15-10 11:09 AM
    Read about the Droid Incredible(they call it the Dinc).
    Most people complain about horrible battery life....like half a day!! Having to turn off all sorts of stuff this and that. Yikes, that's the last thing I need. Will watch and see how this plays out. Sounds like a STORM 2 is in my future. I don't want a STORM 3 if it has a new OS to where all the apps have to play catch up.
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 06-15-10 at 11:34 AM.
    06-15-10 11:26 AM
    don't feed the tool....err, troll
    Troll, maybe. But you sir, are CLEARLY a tool!!
    06-15-10 11:28 AM
    I don't know if that's what the poster meant or not...but as someone who's used both Android and BB devices (primarily BB), I will say that Android does things a bit differently. I wouldn't say it was *too complicated*, but I did find myself frustrated at times because you almost have to re-learn the process of where things are located, certain settings, etc. I also found myself surprised at times of things I couldn't do on Android that I could on BB (although I suppose that is a two-way street).

If it were me, I know I prefer Blackberry based on my needs, I also know if my current unit were acting up and it was time to think about replacing it, I wouldn't be willing to wait ~5 months for the new model to come out, so I'd probably opt for the Storm 2 if I were in your shoes. If the idea of not having the "latest and greatest" bugs you a bit and you think you'll be sorry come November when(/if) the Storm 3 is released, then I'd probably give a good look at the Incredible to see if I like it or not. Of course, the bottom line is no matter what you buy or when you buy it, something new and better is gonna come out before your upgrade is eligible, that's a fact, and there's no getting around it.
    The whole learning curve thing, I get that. But didn't you also have to "learn" the blackberry when you first picked it up? And the "latest and greatest" argument is a little tired also. Blackberry fans excuse RIM's obvious lack of innovation by saying "I don't need the latest and greatest", but when the lastest and greatest blackberry is rumored, everyone in here starts touching themselves. Eager to buy the newest blackberry that is almost exactly like the one they have, but somehow that's different?
    06-15-10 11:34 AM
    Can we get back to the original post?
    06-15-10 11:58 AM
    I went from S1 to S2, and it was an improvement, but I wasn't wowed. Bold 9650 is really slick, if you can give up the screen size.

does that help?
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-15-10 at 01:30 PM.
    06-15-10 12:09 PM
    Read about the Droid Incredible(they call it the Dinc).
    Most people complain about horrible battery life....like half a day!! Having to turn off all sorts of stuff this and that. Yikes, that's the last thing I need. Will watch and see how this plays out. Sounds like a STORM 2 is in my future. I don't want a STORM 3 if it has a new OS to where all the apps have to play catch up.
    Sounds like a good choice for you then, and, as mentioned, S1 to S2 is a worthy upgrade.

The whole learning curve thing, I get that. But didn't you also have to "learn" the blackberry when you first picked it up? And the "latest and greatest" argument is a little tired also. Blackberry fans excuse RIM's obvious lack of innovation by saying "I don't need the latest and greatest", but when the lastest and greatest blackberry is rumored, everyone in here starts touching themselves. Eager to buy the newest blackberry that is almost exactly like the one they have, but somehow that's different?
    Yes, I did have to learn Blackberry...and that was all I meant by my comment, that you would have to "re-learn" some stuff. I never said it wouldn't be worth it to do so.

Also, by "latest and greatest", all I really meant was latest model with newest features. This is more important to some folks than others--I was trying to give the OP advice based on what his/her preferences may be. Simple fact is the Blackberry Storm 2 has been out since last November, and a newer model WILL be released before anyone buying one now will be eligible for a subsidized upgrade. Based on past trends, that is a fact, not opinion. Maybe you feel it *shouldn't* matter to people, but that's not really the point I was addressing.
    06-15-10 12:43 PM
    I love my Storm 2. Look into it!
    06-15-10 03:23 PM
    I currently have a STORM I and will be up for a new phone shortly. Mine is currently having the screen sensitivity problems and I can't get it above 25mb memory. Have had no real problems with it other than that. Always seemed to work fine for me until recently(maybe programmed to fail at renewal time ??).

Any thoughts on a new phone? STORM2? DROID? STORM3 coming? Others?
    I had a G'z One(however you say the name of it ). I don't think I could go back although I see it now has a flip out keyboard. I don't think I could deal with the small screen now that I have had the STORM. But I do fish a lot and having a 'waterproof' phone would be nice.

Verizon service.

I know this is like asking what car to buy but............. but a guy has to start somewhere.
    I am looking at the new iphone but I am concerned about AT&T. Ahhh, what to do? My friend works for Sprint and he's loving the Evo. It is a pretty nice device, but I will wait to read hands on reviews of the iphone first.
    06-15-10 04:31 PM
    If you can hold out for a bit longer, I'd wait for news regarding the Storm3.
    06-15-10 04:35 PM
    PLK & One KNOCK IT OFF! Ok back on track folks!

Lets move this thread over to the Verizon Forum
    06-15-10 04:56 PM
    I tried the Motorola Droid as an upgrade from my 8330. There were a couple things that bugged me about it.

The hardware keyboard is awful. The keyboard on the 8330 was a lot better despite the smaller size.

The way it handles POP3 email is, well, clunky. It ALWAYS wants 25 emails in the inbox. If you delete an email, it pulls in another and calls it New, whether you've read it or not. There are a couple email clients out there for the Droid, none were as good as Blackberry native email.

Having to fiddle with it to answer a call was a pain. You have to unlock the phone every time.

However, the touch screen was OK. The display is amazing. Call quality was good. The apps are varied and useful and they executed very well.

Email killed it for me. I sent it back and got a Storm 2. I like it better.
    06-15-10 04:59 PM
    I went from S1 to S2, and it was an improvement, but I wasn't wowed. Bold 9650 is really slick, if you can give up the screen size.

does that help?
    Just last week I bucked up and purchased a S2 from someone here so I didnt have to use my NE2 (had a S1 since it came out). Let me tell you...if I sacrificed me new every two for a Storm2...I would have been pisssssed.

Let me clarify...the Storm2 is a nice phone...but it didnt wow me like i thought it would. i loved my Storm and never had a problem with it...not sure what i was looking for...but i certainly did NOT get the satisfaction i anticipated i was going to get. wifi...eh...VzW rocks...wifi on the S2 processor can only do so much...besides juice your battery like no 2morrow...

with that being said...i have no regret (i would have if i used my new every two though). the VzW phone market is going to get real hot...real quick.

Droid X - July
    Droid 2 - July
    BlackBerry 9670 with OS6
    Storm3 (xmas maybe)

Now is the not the time for an upgrade...wait until after summer so see how things develop. get one used to hold off the "new phone jones"
    06-15-10 05:50 PM
    I would hold out for the turbo turd 2000 that comes out in 10years.
    Blah blah blah who r we the amazing krezkin hang on let me check my crystal ball. Eww I see the storm 3 comes out tomorrow. NOT

06-16-10 03:07 AM
    Any thoughts on a new phone? STORM2? DROID? STORM3 coming?

Verizon service.
    I think if you can stand holding out, it will be interesting to see what comes out in the next 12 months (yes, I know that's a while). Verizon has repeatedly stated that 25-30 markets go live with LTE (4G) by the end of the year, and that they'll have 3-5 handsets by May 2011. If you're an early adopter (which it seems you are by your upgrade eligibility with the Storm I), you may want to wait to see what comes. However, no matter when you buy, something newer and better will be around the corner.

I will say this. When the Droid came out, I went to Verizon and upgraded from my Storm I to the Droid. Coming from a Blackberry, it's *completely* different. Not better or worse (as far as I'm concerned), just different. The Droid is really a mini-computer and multimedia device. Awesome web browsing, great ability to do Youtube, it was fast, it had a great screen, etc. etc. However, the battery life sucked, I mean it was absolutely awful. The phone wasn't as good as the Blackberry, and for an e-mail and messaging device, the Blackberry blows it away. I even find GMail on the Blackberry through BIS to be even better than it was on the Droid. I ended up returning it, mostly because I felt like the Droid was more for mobile fun, whereas the Blackberry is mobile utility.

Anyway, I miss my qwerty keyboard on the 8830. I think I'm going to get the 9650 next month, but the Slider really interests me and I might hold off for that one (if it ever makes it to CDMA). Good luck on your search, and don't be afraid to take advantage of the 30-day test drive!
    06-16-10 07:52 AM
    The Storm 2. i never liked the storm 1, so i got the Tour. i then upgraded from that to the storm 2 a month ago(after playing with it in the store countless times) and i have loved every minute of it.
    06-16-10 07:53 AM
    if your open to non BB's I'm waiting to get the droid X hopefully in July. By the time you can get the incredible only a short time after you can have a better phone.
    06-16-10 12:03 PM
    Bold 2/9650
    Hands down best phone I have ever had.
    06-17-10 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD