How can we stop Verizon or any carrier for that fact from pushing applications to our phones? The phones are ours and should require our verification before applications are added.
    07-27-09 12:59 PM
    You mean the links that are sent out? Just hide them or discuss it in one of the existing threads about this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 01:05 PM
    Just found the answer. Can't be deleted. Hiding is unacceptable because they appear after reset.
    07-27-09 01:07 PM
    Oh well live with it.
    07-27-09 01:10 PM
    Hiding is unacceptable because they appear after reset.
    Incorrect. Hidden icons do not reappear after a reset.
    Attempting to delete the service book and get rid of the icon will cause it to come back after a reset.

07-27-09 01:44 PM
    It is the nature of BB. If you don't want remote admin of your phone then don't use BB. Get a Palm, Winmo, Android, Symbian. So welcome to the reality of BB where you are never in full control of your phone.

07-27-09 01:59 PM
    All those icons that seem to gray out, but not really disappear, I finally just created a folder that's labeled "unused applications" and I stick them all in there. The folder is taking up room on the screen, I guess, but I have it at as the very last icon, so I never really have to deal with it.
    07-27-09 02:07 PM
    Incorrect. Hidden icons do not reappear after a reset.
    Attempting to delete the service book and get rid of the icon will cause it to come back after a reset.

That happened with my Facebook app... I dont have Facebook but it was on there. I was able to hide it no issue though.
    The Vcast apps that were pushed. I'm not too sure about.
    07-27-09 02:12 PM
    The icons you are referring to are pushed by the carrier, and will reappear whenever you restart the device. Best thing to do is add a folder to your desktop, drag and drop the icons into the folder, then hide the folder.

Outa sight, outa mind. The icons don't take any real memory, they're just clutter.

07-27-09 02:46 PM
    All those icons that seem to gray out, but not really disappear, I finally just created a folder that's labeled "unused applications" and I stick them all in there. The folder is taking up room on the screen, I guess, but I have it at as the very last icon, so I never really have to deal with it.
    You can hide the folder too, so all the things will never be in sight unless you uncheck the hide option. Works great, out of site out of mind.
    07-27-09 02:58 PM
    Wow. This must be a real issue with some people, cause there are about 5 or 6 different threads about this same topic.
    07-27-09 03:10 PM
    I know wtf. I did what ridesno said and its easy stop crying people.
    07-27-09 03:13 PM
    The icons you are referring to are pushed by the carrier, and will reappear whenever you restart the device. Best thing to do is add a folder to your desktop, drag and drop the icons into the folder, then hide the folder.

Outa sight, outa mind. The icons don't take any real memory, they're just clutter.
    That's right. well they do take up some memory but that is too tiny for anyone to concern themselves with. Sloppy code in your theme probably accounts for a thousand times more wasted memory. So just smile, hide and continue on. You will never have full control of your BB anyway. If you want full control, you have the wrong phone as I mentioned before.
    07-27-09 03:24 PM
    That's right. well they do take up some memory but that is too tiny for anyone to concern themselves with. Sloppy code in your theme probably accounts for a thousand times more wasted memory. So just smile, hide and continue on. You will never have full control of your BB anyway. If you want full control, you have the wrong phone as I mentioned before.
    Nicely put! I think some people just love to complain about NOTHING.
    07-27-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD