I havent had data for about an hour. If I do a battery pull, I get 1XEV and then after a few mins it goes to 1x. I've done this twice, and I've also *228 option 1 and option 2. I have been having issues for about a month, I usually lose data at night, after 1am, but not every night. Is VZW going down the toilet?

Thanks,
    Frankie
    12-18-10 02:53 PM
    Go to options, mobile network and change the global setting to 1XEV only. Also rereg your device. options, advanced options, host routing table, menu reg now. If this does not work, then call vzw and report the problem.
    Frankie Figs likes this.
    12-18-10 08:41 PM
    Go to options, mobile network and change the global setting to 1XEV only. Also rereg your device. options, advanced options, host routing table, menu reg now. If this does not work, then call vzw and report the problem.
    I've done all of that multiple times since I started having data issues. I switched to my Storm backup to see if it has any issues
    12-19-10 12:37 AM
    switch to sprint issues fixed.
    12-19-10 02:51 AM
    Since I'm just north of you (South GA) I need help as well. Verizon bought most everything around here, but left the Alltel store in my town. As such, we stayed with Alltel, but I am thinking of going to Verizon given some recent performance issues.

I travel about 25 miles a day back and forth to work. On the trip, and at home, my BB Tour will vascillate between 1x to 1XEV. When it changes, and I am typing, the device freezes until it finds a stable network and I can resume typing. Is this an Alltell problem, or are Verizon folks having this issue as well?

Sorry to hijack, but it looked similar to your problem and I am looking for a solution as it is very annoying.

Thanks.
    12-20-10 12:53 PM
    Since I'm just north of you (South GA) I need help as well. Verizon bought most everything around here, but left the Alltel store in my town. As such, we stayed with Alltel, but I am thinking of going to Verizon given some recent performance issues.

I travel about 25 miles a day back and forth to work. On the trip, and at home, my BB Tour will vascillate between 1x to 1XEV. When it changes, and I am typing, the device freezes until it finds a stable network and I can resume typing. Is this an Alltell problem, or are Verizon folks having this issue as well?

Sorry to hijack, but it looked similar to your problem and I am looking for a solution as it is very annoying.

Thanks.
    Are you using an Alltel phone or a VZW phone? When I had my Alltel plan & a VZW phone I had a lot of service issues. I switched to an Alltel phone & everything was good. The data problems I've been having are kind of like what you're describing. I'll lose 1XEV & go down to 1X & then to 1x & back to 1XEV. And all of this will happen in a matter of mins. Did you try the suggestions mentioned in the 2nd post?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 01:03 PM
    switch to sprint issues fixed.
    Sprint......that's laughable
    12-20-10 01:15 PM
    I have an Alltel phone. I'll try those things, but don't understand why I'd need to change the settings if it worked fine in the past but started acting up over the last month or so. In any event, I'll try it, and thanks for the help.
    12-20-10 02:29 PM
    Well when the screen freezes as it's finding new service it's prob bc you're rocking the 8830 which has like no memory. I used to have that problem until i jumped to the tour and the bold and have never had the freezing.
    12-20-10 02:52 PM
    Nah, I ahve the Tour now. I dumped the World Ed after I signed up here. It hasn't done it today, maybe it knows I typing about it.
    12-20-10 04:18 PM
    I have an Alltel plan (better than VZW) and a VZW device. The solution to my signal issues was a hybrid PRL. Moving to VZW would probably help. Are you in the Valdosta area?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD