09-08-09 01:27 AM
30 12
tools
    I agree with most posters in that reasonableness and politeness are the key to problem resolution. After all, the tech is trying to help solve a problem that is not his/her doing. They must work within the rules set forth by their employer in an attempt to balance their responsiblity to provide a quality product without giving away the store.

That being said, some (at least one) techs are so sure that the customer is wrong, that they won't consider that there are some problems that they are unfamiliar with. I recently called VZW to report that the glass portion of my Storm screen had come loose and separated from the LCD portion. I had previously taken my Storm back to the main store when this initially happened, and the tech there simply pressed it back together around the edges and advised that if I wanted it replaced they would do so. Because my Storm has worked so well, I declined to have it replaced at that time. No notes were added to my acct. because the solution was so fast (I suppose). Now, 3 months later the glue (tape?) has lost it's stickyness and the glass portion of the screen falls off more frequently and the dust between the screens is just unbearable. I called VZW and was turned over to a tech who would not believe that the screen had separated. He told me that the screen is ABSOLUTELY NOT a two piece screen and that the piece I was holding in my hand was merely a vinyl screen protector. I said that I didn't think he understood what I was saying, however, he would not listen to me and very rudely interrupted me saying he would not resolve this over the phone. I tried to tell him that I was holding a glass screen in my hand that was attached to the phone by a copper ribbon cable and that the lcd portion of the phone was still in the phone in my other hand. He again interrupted me (every time I began to speak) and said that he would not authorize an exchange. I said that I wasn't sure that I wanted an exchange but I wanted him to know what the problem was. He would no longer even recognize me or listen to me, he began to recite company policy from a crib sheet. I stopped talking while he re-recited the same sentences and then he glibly added "have a wonderful day". I know his job sometimes involves dealing with angry people and everyone has a bad day, but he was out of line here and should not be talking to customers like that. I feel like I should report him to a supervisor, but I don't think I will be taken seriously. I wish this was one of those "recorded" calls. I'm certain there would be some sort of disciplinary action as a result of supervision hearing it.
    09-07-09 12:11 AM
    Wow.. This is completely unacceptable and I could imagine your frustration.

Here's what you do:

Fill out this survey -- https://www.survey.verizonwireless.com/vzwsurvey/ Give a detailed explanation to your problem (like you posted here).

Call customer service and ask them to file a complaint for you. Mention the 360 feedback form (they will know exactly what you mean). Let them know when you spoke to the rep so they can get the name of the rep. They will fill out this form that will send an email to the rep's supervisor and the rep who treated you rudely and did not follow policy.

Meanwhile go to the store who assisted you in the first place and let them check the phone out to make sure you won't have a warranty claim issue and have them call tech support or at least note your account.

This is not how customers should be treated. From my standpoint as a tech support rep - I apologize.
    09-07-09 12:29 AM
    Thanks.
    I really just wanted to talk to someone about the problem and discuss options but the first rep transferred me very quickly and the second had made up his mind before speaking to me. I'm sure (judging from some posts I have read here) there are people trying to get something for nothing but I really love my Storm and Verizon. He just really made me feel like I was cheating VZW somehow. I wish he had just suggested taking it back to the store with a little more understanding or credulity.
    09-07-09 12:53 AM
    You're right, he should have suggested taking it back to the store if there were not any notes pertaining to this issue.

Anytime you call in always opt for the survey. That way you can let the powers at be know how you really feel. If you think the rep did a great job, then give them an excellent score. It really helps us out as a team and makes us feel appreciated. If you think he/she did a bad job, then not so good score. You WILL receive a call from a supervisor/manager regarding a bad score and in most cases the rep will have to go over the call with the manager.

This coming from someone with a 100% NPS.
    09-07-09 01:06 AM
    It really helps us out as a team and makes us feel appreciated.
    Ditto to this. A lot of us go months without a survey and feel all left out. ^^; It may seem silly, but it's true.

Also, as another tech rep, I don't see how anybody can expect a customer not to know the difference between a flexible sheet of plastic and a hard-glass panel. That doesn't really say much for the rep's intelligence sadly...
    09-07-09 01:28 AM
    It was probably WDS outsource tech from Boise, not an actual Tech Rep because that is unacceptable.
    09-07-09 03:10 AM
    It was probably WDS outsource tech from Boise, not an actual Tech Rep because that is unacceptable.
    I'd have to agree - VZW reps don't work that way - except for that one who posts here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 03:39 AM
    I never had bad vzw reps so far. ..now att that was reason I switch !

09-07-09 04:38 AM
    Wow.. This is completely unacceptable and I could imagine your frustration.

Here's what you do:

Fill out this survey -- https://www.survey.verizonwireless.com/vzwsurvey/ Give a detailed explanation to your problem (like you posted here).

Call customer service and ask them to file a complaint for you. Mention the 360 feedback form (they will know exactly what you mean). Let them know when you spoke to the rep so they can get the name of the rep. They will fill out this form that will send an email to the rep's supervisor and the rep who treated you rudely and did not follow policy.

Meanwhile go to the store who assisted you in the first place and let them check the phone out to make sure you won't have a warranty claim issue and have them call tech support or at least note your account.

This is not how customers should be treated. From my standpoint as a tech support rep - I apologize.
    Its CSR's like this that make a company great!
    09-07-09 04:44 AM
    Aw, now you've made his head swell even more...

09-07-09 06:29 AM
    Good news about the feedback is that the rep sup will go back and listen to the call, and he will be coached on the situation. All the calls are recorded, so that's good for the feedback. I hope this guy ins't in my call center.
    09-07-09 07:03 AM
    I'd have to agree - VZW reps don't work that way - except for that one who posts here.

Lolzers.

ANY time you feel you are treated poorly by ANY CSR for ANY company, feel free to politely ask for their supervisor. Now, the general public may not understand that most of the time you are not actually getting THEIR supervisor, but just getting escalated to another set of CSR's who have more options... but you are getting moved past the jackoff who felt it necessary to treat you like crap.

I have had a lot of problems with VZW reps in the past. Unlike you, they were usually in store at Auth Resellers. In the end, someone has always come through to help me out. I have had to be escalated to Exec Relations more than once, and now have a contact there, but they ALWAYS take care of me.

That being said, I'm sorry this DB treated you like crap. One thing any CSR should take note from this is to NOT talk over your customer. While the customer may not always be right, it is your job to make sure you can do everything you are required to do(and then some if the customer is treating YOU right) to make sure they are taken care of. That never includes treating them poorly.
    09-07-09 07:25 AM
    And I agree too! I just wish that sometimes this posters coworkers(and every CSR everywhere) understood that it isn't about the customer being right all the time, it is about treating them with respect.
    09-07-09 07:27 AM
    Aw, now you've made his head swell even more...

So how many compliments will it take to get my head as big as yours? Haha.. jk!

09-07-09 07:50 AM
    I work in the Boise ctr, WHY would you slam a whole ctr, bc of one person, I have worked here for over a year and have never heard anyone talk like that, maybe noob?,
    09-07-09 08:08 AM
    Seems like the transfer load coming from Boise has gotten heavy as well. I heard from Heather you guys are loading up on people? So most likely was a noob. I had someone from the Boise center say that you could tether a BB to a mac. This lady spent 1500$ on a mac that day. She wasn't very happy when she called in.
    09-07-09 08:30 AM
    You're right, he should have suggested taking it back to the store if there were not any notes pertaining to this issue.

Anytime you call in always opt for the survey. That way you can let the powers at be know how you really feel. If you think the rep did a great job, then give them an excellent score. It really helps us out as a team and makes us feel appreciated. If you think he/she did a bad job, then not so good score. You WILL receive a call from a supervisor/manager regarding a bad score and in most cases the rep will have to go over the call with the manager.

This coming from someone with a 100% NPS.
    YAY for 100% NPS!
    09-07-09 09:37 AM
    I had someone from the Boise center say that you could tether a BB to a mac. This lady spent 1500$ on a mac that day. She wasn't very happy when she called in.
    I don't have any problems tethering my BB to my Mac using bluetooth.
    09-07-09 10:11 AM
    I work in the Boise ctr, WHY would you slam a whole ctr, bc of one person, I have worked here for over a year and have never heard anyone talk like that, maybe noob?,
    I work in BOI too and I would have to agree that it was very hurtful and un called for to bash the whole center. There are MANY good reps here and we all do a great job. In FACT wasnt just a number months ago that we got the highest NPS average of ANY center internal included for the month?????

I also agree that we AND internal centers have some pretty rude reps. Any center does... doesnt matter internal or outsourced. Check yourself and dont be so hurtful!

this wasnt tward you sorlipm... it was directed to Warrior and others who should know better after all the crap reps have gone through on this site past month.
    09-07-09 10:12 AM

HAHA!! That's exactly right! I could name a few!
    09-07-09 10:12 AM
    And Blue; yes we are getting a lot of noobs...
    IF this rep was even from boi.. we will never know... he might have been a noob... most likely someone who is just tired of people calling in complaining about the storm... still NO EXCUSE for the behavior... I was shocked to read the OPs story as well. No excuse noob or vet.
    09-07-09 10:24 AM
    I have tethered a BB to a mac, whats the prob????
    09-07-09 12:25 PM
    I don't have anything against boise reps either. I talk a lot of reps from that center and never had a rude rep. Always been very nice to speak with and always ready to learn. I've had reps stay on the line to see what I did to fix the problem so they will know next time.

This was probably a rep who hated his/her job and is ready to quit.

09-07-09 12:32 PM
    Thank you ts.
    I hate being stereo typd because of the center I work in. It makes me mad. I dont stereo type store reps because in my opinion they have it the worst by having to deal with customers face to face.
    09-07-09 01:00 PM
    So how many compliments will it take to get my head as big as yours? Haha.. jk!
    It will take a few more, but I have an unfair advantage - I was born with a big head & had a head start.

09-07-09 01:57 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD