Does anyone know if there is a way to unlocked the MMS capabilities on the Verizon 8830 WE? I would love to use it even if I don't have a camera on my device.

Thanks,
    Tracy
    09-08-08 12:33 AM
    It won't happen! Another Verizon lockdown

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 11:16 AM
    That is not a vzw lockdown. None of the 88xx devices have MMS capabilities.

09-08-08 11:18 AM
    Buy an 8330

09-08-08 12:36 PM
    That is not a vzw lockdown. None of the 88xx devices have MMS capabilities.

Actually, yes they do. All current Blackberries can do MMS. Verizon does not provision MMS on any phones that don't have cameras.
    09-08-08 04:41 PM
    Neither AT&T or T-Mobile offer MMS on non-camera Blackberries. It's clearly a conspiracy.

09-08-08 04:55 PM
    Actually, yes they do. All current Blackberries can do MMS. Verizon does not provision MMS on any phones that don't have cameras.
    I have to disagree. I know several people with 88xx's on several different carriers - none of them have MMS capabilities.

09-08-08 05:03 PM
    Well, RIM says on their website the 88xx is capable, however no carrier supports it.

09-08-08 05:08 PM
    Yeah it sounds stupid, but thats why I sold my 8830 WE and went to the Voyager. I didnt like the fact that you couldnt send pics or recieve them straight to the phone. Then I pawned my Voyager off on my fiancee and now have the Curve
    09-08-08 05:13 PM
    I have to disagree. I know several people with 88xx's on several different carriers - none of them have MMS capabilities.

Are we going to have this disagreement again??? JR is 1000% correct. If I had the screenshot program I would shoot the picture of my view folder screen with MMS INBOX/MMS OUTBOX in it. Also I would also shoot a picture of the MMS.COD file which still comes in the OS download. Let it go.
    09-08-08 05:21 PM
    I know that Sprint doesn't support MMS on ANY blackberry... Sprint sucks; which is why I have ATT
    09-08-08 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD