I recently switched companies.. went with verizon.. I miss my blackberry I had with tmobile... I talked to verizon about if I got it unlock could it be used on verizon network the rep advised me that its possible.. now that I read on here about this topic it seems that it's impossible to use a GSM on a CDMA network..
    so was the rep correct that I would be able to get the blackberry to work with VZW network or what..
    07-26-09 01:04 AM
    I don't think so because it only supports following netword bands ;
    North America: 850 MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    North America: 1900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks.

BlackBerry - Pearl 8100 Models Including the BlackBerry Pearl 8110
    8100/pearl_specifications.jsp

The only pearl as far as I know that supports the CDMA are 8130 and flip 8230. Try ebay they are really cheap to get now easily. Hopefully this helps answer your question.
    07-26-09 01:26 AM
    I recently switched companies.. went with verizon.. I miss my blackberry I had with tmobile... I talked to verizon about if I got it unlock could it be used on verizon network the rep advised me that its possible.. now that I read on here about this topic it seems that it's impossible to use a GSM on a CDMA network..
    so was the rep correct that I would be able to get the blackberry to work with VZW network or what..
    8120 is GSM only. Won't run on Verizon. You'll need a Verizon berry.
    07-26-09 11:12 AM
    Check ebay for a used one if getting a new one is not feasable. Someone probably needs to sticky this or one of the many other similar post. This question seems top get asked a lot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 12:29 PM
    sorry if the question was asked before I do try to search before asking but thank you all for the help
    07-26-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD