If you get an unlocked BB can you keep your same phone #?
    10-26-09 03:28 PM
    You would need to verify that with the GSM carrier you activate that unlocked phone on.

CDMA devices do not need to be unlocked & if it isn't a VZW branded CDMA device, it isn't easily going on the VZW network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 03:35 PM
    I am not really sure what or why you are asking. You can keep your number when you switch carriers regardless of phone.
    Hey dad you have message I think.

10-26-09 03:59 PM
    Hmmm - tells me... http://forums.crackberry.com/private.php

10-26-09 04:38 PM
    Forgot - scripts don't work.

10-26-09 04:39 PM
    I am not really sure what or why you are asking. You can keep your number when you switch carriers regardless of phone.

I'm not switching carriers. I'm simply asking if I were to buy or otherwise acquire an unlocked BB device, to replace my current phone, would I be able to keep the same phone #. As to why I'm asking, it's because I'm not sure and i'd like to find out.
    10-26-09 04:55 PM
    absolutely you can keep your same number no matter what device you have.... as long as its properly branded, etc. Unlocked has no bearing on the situation
    10-26-09 04:58 PM
    I am thinking of buying an unlocked BB, its a Verizon phone, unlocked for other carriers. Will I have any problems, issues, with activating the phone on my Verizon account? I have a BB account now, and want to try another phone.
    11-06-09 12:06 PM
    You shouldn't.
    make sure the PIN is clear on BIS or you won't be able to set up the service books to get email and such.
    11-06-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD