Ok i just got my BB a week ago. I go to my VZ account to remove some features when i notice my data usage is through the roof. It said i could be bill some $1,300. I have the $45 unlimited bba plan and i haven't tethered the thing ether so what gives. I'm really out of that much cash.
    please help.
    09-09-08 06:09 PM
    If you have unlimited, its just that - unlimited. Make sure you're on the $45 plan by talking to vzw to verify.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 06:11 PM
    I do. but why is my data usage bar all full and yellow, shouldn't it be clear if its unlimited
    09-09-08 06:14 PM
    Call Customer Service for sure to see what's the deal (unless, you did it already).
    09-09-08 08:32 PM
    You should not have any colour indicators regarding your usage. Definitely call vzw. They aren't always the most reliable..

09-09-08 08:34 PM
    The 44.99 plan does not include the tethering option. That plan is 59.99 which gives you email and web for blackberry and the ability to use it as a modem. The 44.99 only gives you email and web. If it was explained incorrectly I would def go back to the stor
    09-09-08 08:45 PM
    F@ck verizon. They are trying to screw me for data as well and they haven't given me my credit. Hey verizon can you hear me now? Good F U.

09-09-08 08:51 PM
    F@ck verizon. They are trying to screw me for data as well and they haven't given me my credit. Hey verizon can you hear me now? Good F U.

Hmm - Would love to hear the specifics of this outburst.
    09-09-08 08:55 PM
    Hmm - Would love to hear the specifics of this outburst.
    As would I. Vzw is nothing short of accomodating whenever I have issues. I just received a hundred dollar credit simply because I couldn't understand why my bill was so high.

09-09-08 08:56 PM
    Same here. They are nothing if not accomodating. If you are on the wrong plan, they will switch you to the correct one and, usually, credit you back for the overage.
    09-10-08 11:41 AM
    Dropping an F U or similar with cust svc won't get u anywhere... Talk with them and they'll help u out - always worked for me. Good luck.

09-10-08 01:35 PM
    I don't even think Verizon has a non-unlimited data plan anymore. Definitely talk to customer service.
    09-10-08 03:48 PM
    Data on pdas and blackberries are ulim. Also on regluar phones that use data when you get the vpak package. Modems and tethering cap at 5gb then you get overage charges.

09-10-08 04:56 PM
    Don't they still have the $30 data plan also for BIS?

That's what I got. As I recall though, unlimited does actually translate to 5GB cap. Read the fine print.

09-10-08 10:27 PM
    Don't they still have the $30 data plan also for BIS?

That's what I got. As I recall though, unlimited does actually translate to 5GB cap. Read the fine print.

The $30 plan does not include tethering, so there is no cap. It is unlimited.
    09-11-08 11:08 AM
    Ok i just got my BB a week ago. I go to my VZ account to remove some features when i notice my data usage is through the roof. It said i could be bill some $1,300. I have the $45 unlimited bba plan and i haven't tethered the thing ether so what gives. I'm really out of that much cash.
    please help.
    unlimited is unlimited - without a doubt
    09-11-08 04:33 PM
    Even if it was a 5 gig cap, it would be hard to use that much data on the Blackberry if you don't tether.

09-12-08 01:20 AM
    Just checked my online acct for data usage and the bar is clear, no color. Also, next to and under the bar it shows how many KB I've used along w/how much I have (unlim). If yours is showing charges for usage I would call CS and make sure everything got setup correctly.

09-12-08 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD