On my new Verizon account i got the unlimited web access but i want to know... is there a bandwidth limit? im not talking about using my phone as a modem for my laptop. just using the internet on my phone.
    04-20-09 07:42 AM
    If you bought the 30 dollar data plan, its supposed to be unlimited.... It had better be unlimited since I should be getting my first bill from verizon for my new storm anyday now.
    04-20-09 08:43 AM
    To Jdob the 30 dollar data plan is unlimited.
    04-20-09 08:58 AM
    You have a 5gb limit. Not really unlimited but really hard to come close to without tethering to your laptop.
    04-20-09 08:59 AM
    You have a 5gb limit. Not really unlimited but really hard to come close to without tethering to your laptop.
    Am i able to use the internet on my phone to my laptop since im already paying the $30? or do i still have to pay extra for tethering?
    04-20-09 09:00 AM
    extra for tethering.
    04-20-09 09:01 AM
    extra for tethering.
    How much more extra does it cost?
    04-20-09 09:08 AM
    I think it's $15.00 extra per month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 09:11 AM
    I'm not sure...I've never needed to tether. I would say call a verizon CSR and ask them, they would know.
    04-20-09 09:12 AM
    I believe if you are on a BIS ($30/month) plan the cost is $30/month to tether. If you are on a BES ($45/month plan), it is $15/ month. The amount has to add up to $60 since that is what it costs for a Broadband card from VZW.

The cost has been talked about many times on the forums and I'm just taking the info from there.

04-20-09 09:46 AM
    I haven't counted, but for the 798th time, the data is unlimited on the phone.

There is only a 5GB limit on tethering and data cards. Tethering is a soft cap where you may be throttled to a lower speed, data cards will bill $0.25/MB over 5GB.
    04-20-09 10:44 PM
    How much more extra does it cost?
    If you have the 29.99/month E-mail and Web for Blackberry data pack it's 30.00/month, if you have the BES package (44.95) it's $15.00 a month. However, it's maxed at 5 gigs and then you go into overage.
    04-20-09 11:08 PM
    I haven't counted, but for the 798th time, the data is unlimited on the phone.

There is only a 5GB limit on tethering and data cards. Tethering is a soft cap where you may be throttled to a lower speed, data cards will bill $0.25/MB over 5GB.
    "
    DATA PLANS AND FEATURES

Data Plans and Features (such as NationalAccess, BroadbandAccess, GlobalAccess, Push to Talk, and certain VZEmail services) may ONLY be used with wireless devices for the following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email, and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force, and field service automation). The Data Plans and Features MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (ii) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing; or (iii) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.

For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.
    "

It's not really unlimited... If you go over 5gig's with the Blackberry, you "are presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above" and Verizon Wireless reserves the right to terminate your service without notice...
    04-20-09 11:26 PM
    It's virtually impossible to use more than 5GB unless you ARE tethering, at least not regularly. I asked about this one time and was told not to worry about it, just that if you go over 5 GB several times they will take a closer look at what you are doing and may either cap your throughput speed or as scurvydlicious said, terminate the account if it is obvious abuse.
    04-21-09 12:34 AM
    I teather all the time for free with my sprint blackberry and I have never come close to 5gb

04-21-09 12:50 AM
    I teather all the time for free with my sprint blackberry and I have never come close to 5gb

Depends on what you are doing. When I've basically done web surfing and email I generally used about 3 GB sometimes close to 4. Downloading videos from iTunes of wherever, OS Updates, large applications, etc and it can easily add up.
    04-21-09 03:55 AM
    I tether on my blackberry and have the BIS plan.

BIS $29.99 + tethering $30.00 = $59.99
    BES $44.99 + tethering $15.00 = $59.99

Air card = $59.99

There is no limit on your BB and 5g with tethering and air card.

04-21-09 08:41 PM
    don't forget having to pay extra for eq on the aircard at first, as opposed to using the Berry you already have.
    04-21-09 08:59 PM
    don't forget having to pay extra for eq on the aircard at first, as opposed to using the Berry you already have.
    I never had an aircard before, what does eq mean?
    04-22-09 12:10 AM
    I never had an aircard before, what does eq mean?
    Equipment.
    04-22-09 03:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD