I tried a few searches without finding my specific question, so I hope it hasn't already been answered...

My family uses a Verizon share plan. There are 5 lines on the plan: 4 cell phones and 1 blackberry, and the blackberry has the unlimited data package

Here's where my question comes in:
    If we were to add another blackberry to the plan (i.e. have the plan hold 3 cell phones and 2 blackberries), would this new blackberry's data plan be provided by the unlimited data we're already purchasing with blackberry #1? Or would our new bill be [family plan + unlimited data #1 + unlimited data #2]?

I'm not sure if that will make sense to anyone other than me, but I'd appreciate any help you can offer
    09-06-08 10:30 AM
    don't know about verizon that much
    but I know that for rogers every blackberry needs its own specific plan
    because the plan is registered to the pin and imei number and the data is sent through the pin and imei
    therefore you cannot have too blackberry's on one data plan
    09-06-08 10:39 AM
    I tried a few searches without finding my specific question, so I hope it hasn't already been answered...

My family uses a Verizon share plan. There are 5 lines on the plan: 4 cell phones and 1 blackberry, and the blackberry has the unlimited data package

If we were to add another blackberry to the plan (i.e. have the plan hold 3 cell phones and 2 blackberries), would this new blackberry's data plan be provided by the unlimited data we're already purchasing with blackberry #1? Or would our new bill be [family plan + unlimited data #1 + unlimited data #2]?

I'm not sure if that will make sense to anyone other than me, but I'd appreciate any help you can offer
    Each individual BB would have its own data plan.
    09-06-08 10:39 AM

it's per line.

so you'd need another data plan for the new BB.
    09-06-08 10:40 AM
    Yes another is required. This is required for each bb device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 10:57 AM
    Unfortunately, not the answers I was hoping for...
    Thanks for helping!
    09-06-08 11:29 AM
    ya it can get pricy with multiple bb lines . . are u on the $30 bb data plan or the $45 one?

Also, check ur minute usage and additional features you may not be using . . u might be able to widdle down ur minutes and have that pay for the extra data . .
    09-07-08 01:17 AM
    If your paying for the internet & all the out features like v-cast on the other lines, it will probably save you money to switch to BB's.
    09-07-08 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD