It appears RIM is having an issue in the South area for VZW with registering new accounts on the network. I swapped my curve to a different line today and they ended up un-registering my BIS account and tried to re set it up. Unfortunately i am now unable to get registered on the network. I try using the host routing table and i get the confirmation message, but when i enter my pin and esn on the BIS website it says i need to register the phone. Anybody else having this problem? My phone and texting works fine at least.
    10-24-09 09:10 PM
    Do you have a 1xev? or a 1XEV?
    10-24-09 09:48 PM
    I have 1XEV
    10-24-09 09:55 PM
    Are you trying to set up email or something? If so go to your email set up icon, and create a BIS account on there, once you do that you can modify your pin to the new one to gain the email functionality.
    10-24-09 09:57 PM
    Okay good.. Have you deleted all of your service books yet?
    10-24-09 09:57 PM
    It sounds like they may have incorrectly configured your VZW BIS login. I'd just call *611, option 3, and they'll get it sorted for you.
    10-24-09 09:58 PM
    no i have not deleted service books? @drm2blv if i cannot connect to the data network at all to enter email setup.
    10-24-09 10:01 PM
    I would call 611 again, like said above, sounds like you are not properly set up on Verizon's end.
    10-24-09 10:03 PM
    no i have not deleted service books? @drm2blv if i cannot connect to the data network at all to enter email setup.
    You are connected to the data network, but not with BIS.. That's what 1XEV means - you have authenticated and successfully connected to the VZW AAA.

Delete all of your service books and then try to re-register. If you've switched lines, then this might clear it up. Also make sure you're not setup for Enterprise on that line...

To delete Service Books:

options > advanced options > service book - use menu key to delete each one. PROVISIONING will not delete.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 10-24-09 at 10:08 PM.
    10-24-09 10:05 PM
    Deleted service books. Re-registered. Still not able to log in to BIS website. No Enterprise here.
    10-24-09 10:35 PM
    Also browser and email setup icons gone.
    10-24-09 10:36 PM
    Yeah deleting service books will wipe the icons out. Did you pull the battery yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 10:44 PM
    Yeah right after i deleted service books. Still not able to register.
    10-24-09 11:06 PM
    Yeah right after i deleted service books. Still not able to register.
    I would call and make sure everything is setup correctly in RIM Relay.. Do you have a VZW device or Alltel device?

You could also temporarily add the BES feature and then change back to the BIS feature to try and "refresh" the system.
    10-24-09 11:11 PM
    vzw device
    10-24-09 11:20 PM
    vzw device
    ehh... yeah try changing up the features and adding the $44.95 and then taking it back to the Email and Web Feature to see if it fixes anything. Since it is a VZW device you'll have a hard time finding anyone with the knowledge or login for RIM Relay..
    10-24-09 11:22 PM
    ehh... yeah try changing up the features and adding the $44.95 and then taking it back to the Email and Web Feature to see if it fixes anything. Since it is a VZW device you'll have a hard time finding anyone with the knowledge or login for RIM Relay..
    Er, no.

RIM relay just verifies that the device is recognized by RIM which is actually verified by the HRT reg. There is something else going on here.

who removed the device from the "other" BIS account and "moved" it over to the "new" BIS account and how did they do it? Sounds like the device is still tied into the other BIS account. There are plenty of facts here that are not adding up and more info is needed.

You can play refresh all day long with ACSS and swapping the email and web for smartphones and the corporate provisioning $44.99 plan but he is not having a problem with connecting to an enterprise server, so that solution just is not going to work. And I am not sure if you have ever seen the RIM relay but that is probably not going to work either. Sounds like the device is still under another BIS account. Sorry to be mean and **** in your cheerios but your solutions are not the answer.

More info needed from original poster exactly what this "move" entailed and who exactly "deleted" this BIS account. Because it sounds an awful lot like a *228 that just registered the device on the new mdn.
    10-24-09 11:52 PM
    Er, no.

RIM relay just verifies that the device is recognized by RIM which is actually verified by the HRT reg. There is something else going on here.

who removed the device from the "other" BIS account and "moved" it over to the "new" BIS account and how did they do it? Sounds like the device is still tied into the other BIS account. There are plenty of facts here that are not adding up and more info is needed.

You can play refresh all day long with ACSS and swapping the email and web for smartphones and the corporate provisioning $44.99 plan but he is not having a problem with connecting to an enterprise server, so that solution just is not going to work. And I am not sure if you have ever seen the RIM relay but that is probably not going to work either. Sounds like the device is still under another BIS account. Sorry to be mean and **** in your cheerios but your solutions are not the answer.

More info needed from original poster exactly what this "move" entailed and who exactly "deleted" this BIS account. Because it sounds an awful lot like a *228 that just registered the device on the new mdn.
    I've seen RIM Relay and know very well how it works. With VZW you must have a supervisor to access it in most cases. Even with that access you cannot really activate services. Billing works directly with RIM Relay and it provides better fixes to this type of problem. RIM Relay assigns the BIS or BES service to the device and is the first step in the whole process. If the device is not connecting to the BB internet service to register, then there might be an issue with how it is setup in RIM Relay.

Especially since he doesn't even have an internet browsing icon. Having a BIS account setup doesn't really matter if you cannot even get basic service books for the internet service and e-mail setup.

I deal with this type of thing everyday. No **** in my cheerios
    Last edited by tsguy52; 10-25-09 at 12:04 AM.
    10-25-09 12:00 AM
    Right...

Have the rep check your provisioning in Pro22....

VZW reps will need to be logged into the systems by a superior...

Switching the features in ACSS can in fact give them the correct provisioning, but not always...
    10-25-09 12:11 AM
    Sure it wasn't Boise?
    10-25-09 12:27 AM
    I agree... RIM relay...
    TS was on the right track... I'd have blamed the data too... but I'd also try going ##000000
    and imputing the SID pw as "vzw"
    Most likely wont work but I've had those flookie times it did though.
    But I also agree that you should have a vzw rep take your PIN and imput it into the admin site and be sure its not registered under another persons BIS account. Seen this plenty of times too.

@ ROC
    HEY stop dissing BOISE! LOL
    Last edited by IDsweetcheeks; 10-25-09 at 08:57 AM.
    10-25-09 08:47 AM
    I agree... RIM relay...
    TS was on the right track... I'd have blamed the data too... but I'd also try going ##000000
    and imputing the SID pw as "vzw"
    Most likely wont work but I've had those flookie times it did though.
    But I also agree that you should have a vzw rep take your PIN and imput it into the admin site and be sure its not registered under another persons BIS account. Seen this plenty of times too.

@ ROC
    HEY stop dissing BOISE! LOL
    YEA whats wrong with Boise
    10-27-09 08:21 AM
    Magically was working fine when i woke up yesterday morning. Guess it really was something wrong on RIM's side of things because i didn't do after i deleted the service books the night before and i had new messages and emails the next morning.
    10-27-09 11:13 AM
    More info on the problem. I did an ESN swap through customer service because i was going from an EnV Touch on my line to the Curve. I put an old junker phone on the line that the Curve WAS on and removed the EnV completely. The phone activated fine and programmed without a hitch. Voice and txt were working correctly, but i could not access the internet or email. I still had all my icons at the time until i manually deleted the service books per someones advice on here. I called tech support because when i tried to log in to my BIS account online it said my account was suspended and i could not set up a new account b/c the esn was not active on the network.. The tech said he had to delete my account and that i would need to wait about an hour and re-set it up. That never worked. Also i was never able to successfully register the phone on the network using the host routing table. When i called back they said there was a RIM issue in the Verizon Wireless South area with activating new account. Looks like that was the actual case, as nothing i tried fixed it and it was working fine the next morning.
    10-27-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD