I was on a wap site looking at ringtones. I first had to sign up and I had to give the name of my carrier. After I clicked sign up I received a message that siad "Verizon does not allow ringtone/pictures to be downloaded from a WAP site"
    Why is this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 07:36 PM
    Really have no clue. I know that VZW does not block anything as far as webiste and D/L go. I would suggest you contact the site owners and get more info about this.

Considering Ihave gotten things from other WAP sites, that was a pretty general statement on their part.

Curoius, do you have PSMS blocked on your phone? If so some of these sites when you login to them will send you a PSMS and then you get charged 9.99 per month. If their message gets kicked back, their system might generate this message. Just a thought.
    04-30-09 07:42 PM
    Thanks lastafraid. I do not have PSMS blocked. I will call Verizon and try tob figure this out.

04-30-09 09:18 PM
    I doubt that VZW can help at all. Again I would contact the owner of the WAP site
    04-30-09 09:59 PM
    Ok. That might be a better idea.

Thank you

04-30-09 10:39 PM
    I had the same thing happen on phonezoo.com there you gotta download em from a pc

05-01-09 09:36 PM
    Ok will do. Thank you.

05-01-09 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD