First of all let me apologize if this question has been asked already, although I searched the forums and was unable to find the answer.

Anyways, my dad's phone and my phone are due for an upgrade right now. (We have Verizon.) He gets an automatic $100 off discount on the upgrade of his choice. So that means the BlackBerry Tour would only cost him $100. But can his upgrade and discount still count for the BOGO offer so we can get another Tour for myself?

Thanks in advance.
    08-19-09 01:41 AM
    Is your line up for upgrade. Both lines need to be eligible. I just got my NE2 and 2 Tours on Saturday.
    08-19-09 01:55 AM
    Is your line up for upgrade. Both lines need to be eligible. I just got my NE2 and 2 Tours on Saturday.
    Yes, both lines are eligible for an upgrade. Plus my dad gets an automatic $100 off discount.
    08-19-09 02:23 AM
    Now this may only apply to business accounts, but according to our business rep, you only need to have 1 eligble line to get the BOGO offer. I know some will doubt me, but we only had 1 upgrade eligible line on our account, yet we just got 2 new Tours yesterday.

I have actually had a Tour for myself pretty much since the day it came out, but after 2 weeks I just switched back to my Storm. I like the Storm better, despite the flaming I know I will get for saying that.
    08-19-09 02:51 AM
    You need two eligible lines, unless you are adding a line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just to note, u can do this with any 2 lines, not just a family share... This is a change from the last bogo deal
    08-19-09 08:28 AM
    It never had to be on a family share, but they always have to be on the same billing account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thats what I mean. not this time around... I called and they confirmed that it doesnt matter if its 2 separate accounts. So long as both accounts honor it as an upgrade and extend their contracts accordingly
    08-19-09 11:31 PM
    thats what I mean. not this time around... I called and they confirmed that it doesnt matter if its 2 separate accounts. So long as both accounts honor it as an upgrade and extend their contracts accordingly
    Well you talked to someone that was misinformed. Promos change, audit and compliance does not. The phones have to be on the same acct, the end.
    08-20-09 08:54 AM
    Now this may only apply to business accounts, but according to our business rep, you only need to have 1 eligble line to get the BOGO offer. I know some will doubt me, but we only had 1 upgrade eligible line on our account, yet we just got 2 new Tours yesterday.

I have actually had a Tour for myself pretty much since the day it came out, but after 2 weeks I just switched back to my Storm. I like the Storm better, despite the flaming I know I will get for saying that.
    It sounds like it was a business rep's decision.

It's cool too, because they can do a lot that retail channels cant, its like one of the perks. lol
    08-20-09 09:01 AM
    Buy the BlackBerry Tour 9630 smartphone and Get a select BlackBerry FREE
    with 2yr activation per phone

Note: "Buy One, Get One Free" or "Buy One, Get Up to 4 Free" promotions are limited to 1 set per order. You can place a separate order to take advantage of additional promotions.

This is what it says at the verizon wireless website-

It sounds like your dad can get the first tour for $99.99 with his $100 discount and you can get the second tour for free because you both have a new 2 year activation open on your phones. I may be wrong but that's how I read it.
    08-20-09 09:10 AM
    Buy the BlackBerry Tour 9630 smartphone and Get a select BlackBerry FREE
    with 2yr activation per phone

Note: "Buy One, Get One Free" or "Buy One, Get Up to 4 Free" promotions are limited to 1 set per order. You can place a separate order to take advantage of additional promotions.

This is what it says at the verizon wireless website-

It sounds like your dad can get the first tour for $99.99 with his $100 discount and you can get the second tour for free because you both have a new 2 year activation open on your phones. I may be wrong but that's how I read it.
    Thanks for the help and answering my question. Hope you are right...I'll try to keep everyone posted.

By the way, we went into the Verizon store earlier tonight and the guy who worked at the store DID NOT want to talk to anyone about the BOGO offer. He was just telling customers that it's only an online offer. Any truth to this?
    08-21-09 02:47 AM
    I called yesterday and added a line to get my wife the Tour through the BOGO sale. I received mine on Wednesday and after the mail in rebate it will cost me $99.
    08-21-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD