im about to throw my phone out the freakin window! yesterday my phone randomly decided to start voice dialing..the screen came up to say a name. and it continued to do this randomly throughout the day night, and its still doing it! ive done a battery pull about 6 times, and it still does it. itll interrupt me when im texting, or using the web, its so frustrating! has anyone had this problem? or knows a way to fix it? im getting sooo frustrated! thanks!
    09-18-09 10:13 PM
    You're either experiencing a stuck buttor or a software corruption.

See if the button on the side clicks normally. If it does, try pressing it repeatedly to see if that clears it. If it feels odd, see if you can rock it back & forth - flick it a few times if needed.

Do these things with the phone off, so as not to drive yourself batty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 10:29 PM
    If its assigned to a convienience key, go into the options and unassign it.

09-18-09 11:24 PM
    I thought of that, too - except if it is a software issue, that won't fix it. But it is worth a try if the button is stuck & the voice dial feature is unimportant.

09-18-09 11:30 PM
    thanks! but i think its software cuz i dont have it assigned to a convenience key. ughh. so frustrated i literally starting looking at the bb tour. haha.
    09-18-09 11:38 PM
    thanks! but i think its software cuz i dont have it assigned to a convenience key. ughh. so frustrated i literally starting looking at the bb tour. haha.
    i had the same issue. called VZ and had the most amazing rep. he told me its software issues and cant really do nothing about it so they sent me a new curve. you might want to try that
    09-19-09 12:31 PM
    oh wow! really? what did you say when you tried to explain it? the most i can say to people is "the voice dialing screen" and theyre like uh what. lol.
    09-19-09 10:27 PM
    Ah, did you try to wipe of the device; that may clear up the software corruption. Tech support will make you do it anyway. Might as well sync your contacts then wipe then call... then wipe... then get a new bb.
    09-20-09 09:16 AM
    A few times in the past when I had what I thought were strange software problems and a normal battery pull didn't fix it I ended up having to leave the battery out for 5-10 minutes. I'd suggest giving that a try.
    09-21-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD