I never restart the phone since I never have to. However...a few days ago, in lieu of the BIS issues being linked to BBM...I had to upgrade BBM......which required a reboot.

It reboots, I immediately check my browser...yup perma-Binged.

So now, when it comes to searches on my phone's browser...I'll be Googling with Bing.
    12-25-09 09:15 AM
    i was so unhappy, i have a verizon phone i rarely use. its work provided. and was pissed when it happened to me. i have see some fixes that are not permanent but if you do not do battery pulls often or reboot the phone it may work good for you. i believe more or less it was in regards to deleting the service books for the bing browser/
    12-25-09 09:17 AM
    Oh, it sucks that they have the right to put and remove any content they want and that they exercise that right more than other providers tend to do.

I don't mind Bing and while I prefer Google, I'll deal with Bing for now.
    12-25-09 09:22 AM
    OMG.. just get a third party browser.. you can cry about it or find a way to go around it.
    12-25-09 09:22 AM
    OMG.. just get a third party browser.. you can cry about it or find a way to go around it.
    I was crying? That's news to me.

I have Opera Mini Beta 2...it sucks, sloppy scrolling (it doesn't matter that it loads large pages extremely quickly...as scrolling through them is sloppy). I shouldn't have to go to a 3rd party app anyway, the native browser should have more than just 1 search provider.

I guess you missed the part where I said "It's not a big deal", or either you aren't intelligent and you took "It's not a big deal" and translated that to "THIS IS AWFUL I HATE THIS PHONE WAHHHHH OMGWTFBBQ!"
    12-25-09 09:25 AM
    Whats really messed up is even IE gives you choices of default search providers when they could ultimately limit us to just bing as well.
    12-25-09 09:47 AM
    I just set my home page to Google and was done with it. I also hid the Bing icon on my home screen. So as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exsist.
    12-25-09 12:49 PM

I have Opera Mini Beta 2...it sucks, sloppy scrolling (it doesn't matter that it loads large pages extremely quickly...as scrolling through them is sloppy). I shouldn't have to go to a 3rd party app anyway, the native browser should have more than just 1 search provider.

I guess you missed the part where I said "It's not a big deal", or either you aren't intelligent and you took "It's not a big deal" and translated that to "THIS IS AWFUL I HATE THIS PHONE WAHHHHH OMGWTFBBQ!"
    I think your heart is 3 sizes too small.

But i agree this a considerable annoyance. I think opera is getting close to functional,and id rather not support the verizon/bb gestapo. Im personally wanting to get away from verizon. Im afraid they are dragging rims name down with them.
    12-25-09 01:33 PM
    I just set my home page to Google and was done with it. I also hid the Bing icon on my home screen. So as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exsist.

I agree. I use quicklaunch google search anyway so it wasn't a big thing for me either.
    12-25-09 01:40 PM
    HOW BIG OF A DEAL IS BING???? seriously, all these people crying, wining, and ****** about it isnt gonna change things. how bout you grow the **** up and deal with it. im sure you dont throw a fit and complain whenever things change in life do you? although from the looks of all these bing complaint threads i could possibly be wrong. none the less, you deal with lifes changes so how about you apply that same technique and just deal with the bing in the browser and stop with all these stupid *** i hate bing, where's my goggle?, and i want my google back, threads.
    12-25-09 01:49 PM
    Merry Christmas OP LOL! What a nice gift!
    12-25-09 02:38 PM
    bingy xmas.........!
    12-25-09 04:46 PM
    Same here. This really sucks! At least give us a choice...:-(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 06:53 PM
    HOW BIG OF A DEAL IS BING???? seriously, all these people crying, wining, and ****** about it isnt gonna change things. how bout you grow the **** up and deal with it. im sure you dont throw a fit and complain whenever things change in life do you? although from the looks of all these bing complaint threads i could possibly be wrong. none the less, you deal with lifes changes so how about you apply that same technique and just deal with the bing in the browser and stop with all these stupid *** i hate bing, where's my goggle?, and i want my google back, threads.
    Who pissed in your Wheaties? If you don't want to read the threads don't open them.
    12-25-09 08:21 PM
    HOW BIG OF A DEAL IS BING???? seriously, all these people crying, wining, and ******* about it isnt gonna change things. how bout you grow the **** up and deal with it. im sure you dont throw a fit and complain whenever things change in life do you? although from the looks of all these bing complaint threads i could possibly be wrong. none the less, you deal with lifes changes so how about you apply that same technique and just deal with the bing in the browser and stop with all these stupid *** i hate bing, where's my goggle?, and i want my google back, threads.
    Its a big enough deal that microsoft payed boo koo amounts of money to change your choices, because they know that there are people like you who will just deal with it and just use bing. Again if its such a small thing, then why did they pay so much to have it done? How about you stop trying to force your will on others, because you can't spank grown people.
    Last edited by Jascias; 01-01-10 at 02:59 AM.
    01-01-10 01:46 AM
    EXACTLY what I did!! Bing no longer exists in my world.
    01-01-10 01:14 PM

Sorry that made me lol
    01-01-10 02:17 PM
    Some people just don't grow up

01-01-10 02:30 PM
    . Im personally wanting to get away from verizon. Im afraid they are dragging rims name down with them.
    Nah, the Storm already took care of that.

01-02-10 12:12 AM
    Its a big enough deal that microsoft payed boo koo amounts of money to change your choices, because they know that there are people like you who will just deal with it and just use bing. Again if its such a small thing, then why did they pay so much to have it done? How about you stop trying to force your will on others, because you can't spank grown people.
    Wow... guys this is about Bing.. a search engine. It isn't like VZW just issued a statement they will be taking over your life. Get used to bing'n, it's not so bad. I would expect ms to put down some money for it.. nothing wrong with that.

You want to Google till your fingers hurt or you cannot talk anymore? Get a Droid

01-02-10 06:34 AM
    I still haven't been hit with the bing only option. It may b due to the fact that I'm running a hybrid, but I've done more than a few bat pulls over the past cpl of weeks. Luckily I still have all my choices, but I don't mind bing, actually downloaded the bing app in case I ever want to use that particular search engine

01-02-10 07:55 AM
    This is equivalent to a hijacking of services, and that's not cool IMHO.

Hopefully enough noise is made and/or people don't use bing enough for MS to keep the contract for long.

01-02-10 08:05 AM
    I wish they would have just added Bing as a choice, not remove the other options and force Bing on us. I just did what others have mentioned, set Google as my home page.
    01-04-10 04:31 PM
    My browser has not (yet) been perma-Binged and if it does I'll just change my start page. But here's the other thing - and this may just get me voted off the island - I actually like the Bing app.

The big upside to the Bing app is that GPS is unlocked with Bing maps. And you don't need a separate Bing Maps app, it just happens through the Bing app.

And it does help me find local show times, restaurants, etc. It's a pretty slick app if you give it a chance.
    01-05-10 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD