Those rubber covers work surprisingly well at holding a blackberry on the roof of your car up until say about 40mph. Needless to say my Pearl is done. Kinda pissed. Luckily I have the VZ insurance stuff. I found the body of the phone but my cover, battery door, and battery are long gone.

Anyone gotten their BB replaced by VZ before? Quick? Painless? Is it going to be a hassle to get them to replace my battery door and battery?

Thanks.
    08-21-08 08:54 AM
    Sorry to hear... it should not be a problem at all.
    08-21-08 08:55 AM
    that sucks! Good luck.
    08-21-08 08:56 AM
    Welcome to phoneclaim.com to file your claim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 09:03 AM
    $50, should have your new phone in about 1-3 business days.
    08-21-08 09:06 AM
    Those rubber covers work surprisingly well at holding a blackberry on the roof of your car up until say about 40mph. Needless to say my Pearl is done. Kinda pissed. Luckily I have the VZ insurance stuff. I found the body of the phone but my cover, battery door, and battery are long gone.

Anyone gotten their BB replaced by VZ before? Quick? Painless? Is it going to be a hassle to get them to replace my battery door and battery?

Thanks.
    Hey if you wanna give up the trashed pearl I will take it off your hands. PM if you want to let it go.
    08-21-08 09:08 AM
    I've taken my trashed phones into the store before and they've replaced them on the spot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 09:22 AM
    Oh no!

Hope everything works out for ya.
    08-21-08 09:24 AM

Thanks.
    Someone stole mine last week. Use the link that vatothe0 provided. I filed my claim at 1800 hours and by 1100 hours the next I had my curve. They even sent me the box which was a surprise. Good luck.
    08-21-08 11:25 AM
    Wow, poor Pearl anyway go to the store and they should give you a new one ASAP!
    08-21-08 12:06 PM
    I tried the store and they sent me to that phone claim link. Put in the claim and they are sending me a new one.

Threefive - I can't part with the body. I don't have enough of the device to call it a phone anymore and what I do have I think I am required to send back to them. I'm going to go back and look for more pieces today since I think most of them flew in the woods. If I can find anything of value that I don't need to send back I'll let you know.
    08-21-08 12:37 PM
    Sorry to hear about your pearl and good to know one can go up to 40 mph before the BB flies off the roof. Wonder if that holds true for a convertible top.
    08-21-08 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD