07-18-10 11:16 PM
45 12
tools
    There have been a few apps pushed which I haven't received lately. Do apps still get pushed if you're on BES?
    07-15-10 09:35 PM
    There have been a few apps pushed which I haven't received lately. Do apps still get pushed if you're on BES?
    Your BES admin has the ability to block them. I do it on ours.
    07-15-10 09:38 PM
    Maybe us BIS folks need a LIMITED IT policy so we can block stuff, too.
    07-15-10 11:10 PM
    Your BES admin has the ability to block them. I do it on ours.
    So, if I have no restrictions on any IT policies, pushed apps should still come through right? My BES doesn't restrict anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-10 02:30 AM
    I have my folder name as crap , I have about the same amount as the above poster, it is a little Annoying. But not a lot we can do about it.

07-16-10 02:45 AM
    Let's count, shall we? VZ Navigator, VCast Videos, My Verizon, Bing, Slacker, Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, AOL Instant Messenger, Flickr, Facebook, MySpace, Social Beat, and NFL Mobile. Did I miss any? 15 different things that Verizon installs a link for that I have to move/hide. Are these deals they've struck to push these icons to my phone helping to reduce the amount of my bill? I'm sure not seeing it.
    Whoa!! Unbelievable. I woke up this morning to find a NEW link - VCast Apps - pushed to my phone during the night. Make it 16 now.
    07-16-10 11:03 AM
    Whoa!! Unbelievable. I woke up this morning to find a NEW link - VCast Apps - pushed to my phone during the night. Make it 16 now.
    Who the **** cares!!!
    07-16-10 12:11 PM
    Who the **** cares!!!
    Well, some of us obviously care. But in a more serious vein, do you have any idea how much memory these "little links" actually do take up?
    07-16-10 01:53 PM
    This version of Monopoly is garbage!
    07-16-10 03:36 PM
    i emailed verizon about this and i got this back!

================================================== =
    Dear XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX,

I'm sorry this has been a frustrating situation for you. My name is Laura, and I added 50 bonus minutes to your account that can be used during the July and August bill cycles. I hope this helps!

XXXXXXXXX, we value your business and regret the inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless customer. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Laura

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service
    ================================================== ========

WOW! 50 minutes! i never go over 700! i have 1400! WOWWWWW!!!!! im so happy now. pfft. now im gonna keep harassing them over this. i think all of us should do the same, let them know this is a real stupid issue.

i said thats what BBapp world is for, and i should have the option to opt in for updates on new hot programs.
    07-16-10 06:01 PM
    You signed the agreement stating they can push this to your phone. Read what you sign.

07-16-10 07:12 PM
    You signed the agreement stating they can push this to your phone. Read what you sign.

That does not mean folks can't complain and maybe the squeaky customers will finally be oiled or freed from this type of junk (and maybe not all of it is junk but they would make it available on their home page).

Maybe Verizon folks besides you monitor these places and can be persuaded. Maybe potential customers will be persuaded. Lots of reasons for squawking - they did finally UNlock the gps units, didn't they?
    07-16-10 08:27 PM
    I didn't say not to complain. But everyone here signed the paper agreeing to it. Complain away. It doesn't matter to me.

07-17-10 01:18 AM
    Who the **** cares!!!
    What an insightful comment! Thanks for adding so much to the conversation!

For those that are actually reading the posts in this thread, the people who care are those of us that are tired of Verizon pushing more and more irritating links to our phones and are saying so here.

I *think* that is the purpose of this whole thread. Sheesh.
    07-17-10 10:25 AM
    What an insightful comment! Thanks for adding so much to the conversation!

For those that are actually reading the posts in this thread, the people who care are those of us that are tired of Verizon pushing more and more irritating links to our phones and are saying so here.

I *think* that is the purpose of this whole thread. Sheesh.
    So you mean to tell me, I should care that he has 16 pushed apps on his phone? And don't *think* to hard because this is a beaten horse thread, one always pops up, once a month, when somehting new is pushed. So honestly it's a tired subject.
    07-17-10 10:48 AM
    Fact is, some DON'T like the link pushed to their devices and some DO. Others, like myself, are indifferent about this. As previously stated, we signed up for this. Just keep giving me good service and a reliable device. Push all the junk you want to my device and I'll just keep moving it to the hidden junk folder. There are more important things to get upset about.
    07-17-10 11:24 AM
    The first time I got a pushed application, I was so upset. I called VZW CS to complain.....I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of the link......ended up doing a full OS reinstall, and boy was I mad.

Now I have a hidden folder where I put all junk in, including pushed applications, and I don't even think about it anymore.
    Last edited by stubbornswiss; 07-18-10 at 08:59 AM.
    07-18-10 08:47 AM
    The first time I got a pushed application, I was so upset. I called VZW CS to complain.....I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of the link......ended up doing a full OS reinstall, and boy was I mad.

Now I have a hidden folder where I put all junk in, including pushed applications, and I don't even think about it anymore.
    Honestly, that's the best option. Because complaining will not stop it. In the end you'll just be upset because they didn't do anything about it and then you'll just hide them after all. Since its just a phone avoid the frustration and go to the last step. That's all.

Last edited by supermario28; 07-18-10 at 11:39 AM.
    07-18-10 11:04 AM
    You can't really get rid of the icon, best you can do is hide them.
    07-18-10 12:21 PM
    I love threads like this...they really bring a smile to my face Some people find the dumbest stuff to get upset about. Maybe I should start calling my cable company and let them know I'm sick of seeing commercials on my TV.....seriously though people...get over it. Life is way to damn short to worry about stuff like this...unless this is the worse thing about your life...and if that's the case...I'm jealous
    07-18-10 11:16 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD