07-18-10 10:16 PM
45 12
tools
    Rebooted my Bold and got Monooply Here and Now (EA Arts) pushed. I am getting kind of tired of all of this.

I guess it's time to make a folder titled "Stuff I Don't Use" and just "hide" the damn folder.

I really wish VZW gave us the choice. I know it's just a link, but I would love to see them push a free SMS message with a link to get it from there if you want.
    07-13-10 08:32 AM
    Your contract states they can do what ever they want...
    07-13-10 08:34 AM
    Yeah, I know. But they could do it more gracefully.

I mean, I am not going to DL the game, nor will I ever. So why have it take up space (again, just a link to install) on my phone.

Of course, moving to a folder like I have is a good way of handling it. But I wish I didn't have to. That's all.
    07-13-10 08:36 AM
    Verizon do things gracefully?!? lol Not sure if those two things are allowed in the same sentence. But yep just hide them and not worry about it.. They are not using enough memory to even register.........
    07-13-10 08:45 AM
    Although annoying, I think its a bit funny to see what VZW's pushed item-of-the-month is! It seems every 30 days there is something ridiculous coming to my device.
    07-13-10 08:49 AM
    I wish that hiding a folder on the homescreen actually took it off the screen, rather than just shading it.
    07-13-10 10:18 AM
    I wish that hiding a folder on the homescreen actually took it off the screen, rather than just shading it.
    Menu button>uncheck Show All
    07-13-10 10:21 AM
    Make sure there is not a check mark next to show all under options and BB menu. It will be truely hidden.
    07-13-10 10:32 AM
    You could just make a junk folder and put it in there. That's what I do with all of the links that are pushed to my phone that I know I'm not going to download.
    07-13-10 11:16 AM
    Menu button>uncheck Show All
    Make sure there is not a check mark next to show all under options and BB menu. It will be truely hidden.

Doh!

Thanks. I should have remembered that!!!
    07-13-10 11:19 AM
    I understand and agree with your frustration, we know it will never change but we can hope right?
    07-13-10 04:31 PM
    Rebooted my Bold and got Monooply Here and Now (EA Arts) pushed. I am getting kind of tired of all of this.

I guess it's time to make a folder titled "Stuff I Don't Use" and just "hide" the damn folder.

I really wish VZW gave us the choice. I know it's just a link, but I would love to see them push a free SMS message with a link to get it from there if you want.
    I feel your pain, but I think AT&T is the worst offender. Anytime I download a new theme I go on autopilot moving all their crap into the junk folder

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 04:36 PM
    Monopoly might be fun though, no?
    07-13-10 07:05 PM
    I didn't realize this was such a problem for some people. I haven't gotten anything new pushed to me from Verizon in months. Honestly its like 4kb for a link, its not going to make a lick of difference in your phone's performance. Don't get me wrong, its annoying, but its not worth losing sleep over. Just hide it and be done.
    07-14-10 03:20 AM
    one of the first things i did when i got my storm 2 and when i got any blackberry is make a folder called unused and hide it, the push apps are annoying
    07-14-10 07:40 AM
    yeah i created a folder aptly named "Verizon Crap" and hid it but yeah it does seem like every month they're sending a game on a reboot...too bad they can't push google as one of the search engine options but big red sold their soul to MS.
    07-14-10 08:57 AM
    Don't forget there are ways to still use Google Search, beyond just bookmarking it.

If you have Quicklaunch installed, there is a "web Search" you can add to the menu.

So instead of of selecting and pushing the browser and entering your search terms, you push your key set for activating your QL menu, select web search, enter your search terms, and hit return.
    07-14-10 10:09 AM
    I have a folder called "Verizon" and just put it all there. It is the first thing i do when i get a new theme. it is a pain, hence why i dont switch themes that much
    07-14-10 10:19 AM
    Why bother with the folder, just hide them lol
    07-14-10 01:15 PM
    ...too bad they can't push google as one of the search engine options but big red sold their soul to MS.
    I found "Quick Search with Google" in BB App World. It's a bare bones Google search engine, works great and it"s free. I placed the G icon right next to my Browser icon.
    07-14-10 02:17 PM
    from homescreen press MENU>MENU>ADD FOLDER

call the folder, verizon crap. save. move all this useless pushed garbage to that folder. highlight that folder, select HIDE, and done. never see this crap again!

it is annoying. its my flipping phone. i use it to make calls, text, facebook, bbm, play poker, get maps, email, browse online, look for apps and games at MY expense and choice....im so sick of this push crap. im sick of all the crap verizon clogs up the homepage with...ya know, there vcast garbage. just have that app world thing and be done with it! stop pushing bullspit to my device!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    07-14-10 04:43 PM
    I'm not a whiner, but this is getting rather ridiculous. The number of things I have to move to the "Verizon Crap" folder or hide is getting out of hand. Yes, I know it's just a link and doesn't take up much space, but the number of things is growing rapidly.

Let's count, shall we? VZ Navigator, VCast Videos, My Verizon, Bing, Slacker, Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, AOL Instant Messenger, Flickr, Facebook, MySpace, Social Beat, and NFL Mobile. Did I miss any? 15 different things that Verizon installs a link for that I have to move/hide. Are these deals they've struck to push these icons to my phone helping to reduce the amount of my bill? I'm sure not seeing it.
    07-14-10 04:55 PM
    I'm not a whiner, but this is getting rather ridiculous. The number of things I have to move to the "Verizon Crap" folder or hide is getting out of hand. Yes, I know it's just a link and doesn't take up much space, but the number of things is growing rapidly.

Let's count, shall we? VZ Navigator, VCast Videos, My Verizon, Bing, Slacker, Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, AOL Instant Messenger, Flickr, Facebook, MySpace, Social Beat, and NFL Mobile. Did I miss any? 15 different things that Verizon installs a link for that I have to move/hide. Are these deals they've struck to push these icons to my phone helping to reduce the amount of my bill? I'm sure not seeing it.
    i havent gotten nfl mobile yet....hm.
    07-14-10 05:00 PM
    I love that I can block these things from the BES so my users don't have to see them...
    07-14-10 05:20 PM
    My solution to the garbage VZW pushes to my phone is to move them to a hidden folder titled "pushed crap". Loyal VZW customer for over 12 years, but this BS is lame.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 04:05 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD