10-25-09 09:07 PM
97 ... 234
tools
    Scott - do you still work off 12th and Chester?
    He is obviously not THAT careful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 10:59 PM
    Nope, and I'm not a Sirius subscriber any longer either.
    10-24-09 11:05 PM
    Nope, and I'm not a Sirius subscriber any longer either.
    It's okay - your twitter shows your life up to date anyway haha..
    10-24-09 11:08 PM
    When you find my PIN or my mobile number without cheating and looking at work, let me know.
    10-24-09 11:16 PM
    Its already been noted where the source of this short code came from, and its not a scam....

You can treat all short codes the same, text STOP to it, and guess what? It will stop...

This particular "Wake Up" isn't actually going to cost the OP anything... But the application that its related to may...

And if you're number IS out there, and you happen to get a random text message, you're not going to get charged for saying "what" or "hello" back unless the message specifically says to say one of those words to sign up...
    10-24-09 11:17 PM

And if you're number IS out there, and you happen to get a random text message, you're not going to get charged for saying "what" or "hello" back unless the message specifically says to say one of those words to sign up...
    Now that is valuable information. Thank you.

I will now respond *#&#^$% to any/all unsolicited text messages just to be safe.
    10-24-09 11:28 PM
    R.O.C. it's a lost cause man.. callmeox already has animosity towards VZW by his reference to the devil in his Carrier info. Nothing we say will change his mind that VZW is a fair company altogether.
    10-24-09 11:32 PM
    A lot of former Alltel now Verizon customers have a pre existing hatred for Verizon....

Like you said though, it definitely seems like a lost cause... You give the proof, and if they choose not to take it, thats not my problem....
    10-24-09 11:44 PM
    I was sincere. That is good to know info.

But, what are the chances that my response will trip trigger? I may have to alter it a bit now that I posted it on the internet, but I think I'm on to something.

As far as my carrier info, VZW may have bought our current relationship but they have yet to earn it. They've got a year or so to earn it. When they do, I'll change my tune.
    10-24-09 11:47 PM
    A lot of former Alltel now Verizon customers have a pre existing hatred for Verizon....
    OK, I'll participate in taking this wayyyy off topic once more.

Much of the hatred is based on past experience. A friend told me today that he's really peeved about the switch since he left VZW for Alltel and now finds himself back where he started. Retaining these former and now back again folks will be a challenge. I passed on VZW and chose Alltel when I was a free agent years ago.

The upside of it all? I can experience VZW for a year or so and then bail if I'm not happy and it won't cost me an additional cent.

How's that for spinning a potential negative into a positive?
    10-24-09 11:54 PM
    For the most part, there should be only positive changes for the former Alltel customers....

Larger network, better service, better phones....

A lot of customers think they'll be treated worse with Alltel... But for the most part you're going to be communicating with converted Alltel reps... Not always, but for the most part...
    10-25-09 12:05 AM
    It looks like I have been missing all the fun around here. It is really bizarre how many people let their hatred control them. Golly gee, I hate verizon so much I switched to another carrier and how dare they buy my new carrier! Alltel could no longer compete and could have been bought by sprint. If you don't like verizon, don't waste your life whining about it and letting it control you. Pay the stupid etf, switch to at&t and be happy. It is what smart people would do but I know we aren't always dealing with smart people. I guess verizon is so good at what they do and so powerful that these people just can't help but let verizon conterol them. It really is pathetic.
    10-25-09 01:31 AM
    Years ago my mom switched to Verizon from Alltell and the quality of her calls increased. Not only that she was now in network.
    10-25-09 09:39 AM
    How can you say former alltel customers get a bigger network? As a former alltel customer my network is noticeably smaller now that there are fewer roaming partners with vz. The coverage has seemed to show some improvement the last month or so but is still not as good as it was premerger.

10-25-09 01:36 PM
    Your network is not smaller... In fact, as I said, it is larger...
    10-25-09 01:38 PM
    Much larger.

10-25-09 02:08 PM
    Its actually meant for old folks... Gives them medical reminders...

Its actually a Get It Now application...
    Oh see... I just have a reminder on my calender with a ringtone ( got from here ) that screams "MEDICATION TIME"

ROFLMAO
    10-25-09 03:21 PM
    Much larger.

Much, much larger...

Not sure how ANYONE could make the mistake, and say that their network is "noticeably smaller..."
    10-25-09 03:25 PM
    this is a great forum.
    10-25-09 03:34 PM
    Oh see... I just have a reminder on my calender with a ringtone ( got from here ) that screams "MEDICATION TIME"

ROFLMAO
    And we can tell when your calendar failed.
    10-25-09 03:42 PM
    So you expect a company that does business to make money to take care of your irresponsibilities? If you responded, especially 2 times... You should be held responsible for the charges.
    This is OT but I expect the bank not to charge me $35 overdraft fees for $3 gas station purchases, six times in one day. Especially when I had money in the account when I made those transactions but later that day a big purchase was made and overdrew. Shouldn't I only get hit with an overdraft fee for the purchase that actually overdrew my account?
    10-25-09 05:56 PM
    Verizon doesn't create premium text messaging relationships with other companies, except when they do.

Premium SMS Overview

Funny that they have a marketing and development page up for a service where they don't enter into agreements. The referral link must be fiction, too.

I'll bet that Theresa Dixon Murray is behind it all.
    You know, I figured I would jump back in here for a moment on this, just to illustrate how little some people understand telco.

We have a link to a Premium Message Overview - and it is fronted that this is proof VZW enters into agreements with these people.

WRONG.

Short Message Codes, like 900 numbers & plain old telephone numbers, have to be assigned by a carrier. It does not mean the carrier is part & parcel to the content any more than VZW or AT&T are responsible for your phone calls.

I can set one of these up on VZW, but AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile customers can access them and be charged through AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile.

Each carrier has a similar developer section to assist in what it required to provide these things. The application and service is routed through aggregators - interestingly, the ones on the VZW pages are mostly the same aggregators that AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile use.

So Scott, until you understand how these things work, I would strongly suggest you refrain from trying to act as if you do - up until now, it is blatantly obvious that you do not.
    10-25-09 09:07 PM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD