Ok, so I've been looking for answers to some of my questions but I'm still a little fuzzy on the situation.

I am on the family plan and I am a secondary line. Our contract ends in the middle of november so I am wondering, since I am a secondary line, do I still get the two year contract price when I upgrade my phone? Or is it just the primary line that does? I know secondary doesnt get new every two, but you still don't pay full retail right?

Also, is it possible for me to upgrade my phone without the account owner being present? (I'm in college and waiting on the Storm )

Thanks in advance!
    10-26-08 01:44 PM
    The primary person on the account gets the two year price plus $100.00. There is a dollar amount you have to spend each month to qualify for this. I think it's like $74.00 for the last three months or something like that. If you stop in at a VZW store they will look your phone number and tell you if you qualify. The secondary persons on the account get the two year pricing. No the primary account holder does not have to be there. Just remember, when you do this you renew your contract for two years.
    10-26-08 01:52 PM
    Awesome thank you!!

So even though I'm not the account owner I can still renew the contract? Or would VZW just need to get permission from the owner?
    10-26-08 02:07 PM
    Ok, so I've been looking for answers to some of my questions but I'm still a little fuzzy on the situation.

I am on the family plan and I am a secondary line. Our contract ends in the middle of november so I am wondering, since I am a secondary line, do I still get the two year contract price when I upgrade my phone? Or is it just the primary line that does? I know secondary doesnt get new every two, but you still don't pay full retail right?

Also, is it possible for me to upgrade my phone without the account owner being present? (I'm in college and waiting on the Storm )

Thanks in advance!
    If your contract is up in November, then any time after that day [or on that date] will make you eligible to upgrade at promotional pricing. The primary line can get either an [up to] $50 credit or an [up to] $100 credit. I say up to because [example] you buy a phone thats 79.99$ and you have the 100$ credit. You will not be getting 20$ back, you get the 79.99$ off and the phone is free. Its a common misconception, and I have been faced with heated debates with customers over this.

You can upgrade without the main owner being there, if you are authorized on the account. I suggest you tell the owner to call and have you authorized ahead of time, so you are not faced with any issues.
    The New Every 2 credit depends on the size of your calling plan it could be a $100 or $50 credit, $79.99 or higher will recieve a $100 credit. The secondary lines will get 2 year pricing at the 20 month mark from their last upgrade. Per VZW policy, the account holder MUST be present unless you are listed on the account as an authorized user.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Those answers cleared everything up for me.
    10-26-08 02:13 PM
    Yup, I'm a VZW rep so feel free to PM me any questions.
    10-26-08 02:20 PM
    i have a question for the verizon rep, im also on a family plan, with my parents as account holders, im in college and im not a fan of the touch screen, do u know when the bold will be released for verizon and how much its expected to cost with a new 2 yr contract?? im anxiousslyyy waiting!
    12-13-08 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD