I have two questions and I'm looking for help.

1. My sent messages appear as new e-mails on my Blackberry (I'm using Gmail). I've seen posts on how to remedy this for AT&T but nothing for Verizon. Does anyone know how to fix this??

2. For some reason I am having trouble adding a contact on Blackberry Messenger. Here is what happens:
    - I add my friend through e-mail
    - His name appears in my 'pending' list
    - My name appears in his 'pending' list
    - I receive a request from MYSELF
    - When I accept the request from myself, his name disappears from my pending list and does not show up in my contacts list.

This one really has me stumped. Any ideas??

Thanks.
    06-05-08 01:49 PM
    i have alot of problems myself....

i add someone they get the add send the ok to me and they stay on pending forever.

or

people messege me and i never get it
    threw bb messenger
    06-05-08 01:55 PM
    I have two questions and I'm looking for help.

1. My sent messages appear as new e-mails on my Blackberry (I'm using Gmail). I've seen posts on how to remedy this for AT&T but nothing for Verizon. Does anyone know how to fix this??

Thanks.
    Use the method in that "other" thread. It worked for me.
    06-05-08 02:04 PM
    1) Go to your provider's BIS site and log in. Click on the icon for your G-Mail account labeled Filters. Create a new one so that when your account name is seen in the From field, it will not forward the mail to your device. Very easy fix.

2) Try adding your friend by PIN. To find your pin, go to Options -> Status. To add him, go to your BB Messenger and click Add Contact, and when you scroll to [Use Once] hit the menu button and select "Add by PIN". Now simply add his PIN.

If this still doesn't work, try a battery pull (take the battery out while the phone is ON and put it back in after 30 seconds).
    06-05-08 02:07 PM
    CTenn, Thanks for the response. It ended up working when I added him by PIN.
    06-06-08 01:36 PM
    About the provider's BIS site...I went to Verizon's site and tried to create a new account by entering my PIN and ESN, but it gave the me message:

"Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service"

Any ideas? Is it possible to add the filter on the device?
    06-06-08 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD