1. What kind of processor does it have? (meaning clockspeed)

2. How much RAM (NOT ROM) does it have?

I have looked a bit on the internet and I could not find anything on either of these, I though maybe Twins or someone works for VZW might know.
    10-22-09 05:17 PM
    Please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-22-09 09:56 PM
    Pretty sure you have the same internet we do.

10-22-09 10:19 PM
    Try looking in the Storm 2 forum. You'll find lots of info there.
    10-22-09 11:10 PM
    1. What kind of processor does it have? (meaning clockspeed)

2. How much RAM (NOT ROM) does it have?

I have looked a bit on the internet and I could not find anything on either of these, I though maybe Twins or someone works for VZW might know.
    256MB Flash Memory and I would think a processor similar to the one in the Tour, but maybe a little faster? History has proven neither has been enough for the phone to run flawless.
    10-22-09 11:34 PM
    I think that 256 MB is the ROM, not the ram.

And what kind of processor does the Tout have?

And of course it won't be flawless, no phone is.

10-23-09 06:12 PM
    i thought the processor is the same as the S1 which is the same as the Tour. don't quote me because i easily could be wrong.
    10-23-09 06:19 PM
    I think that 256 MB is the ROM, not the ram.

And what kind of processor does the Tout have?

And of course it won't be flawless, no phone is.

The ROM would be the size of the OS I'm assuming and within the flash memory (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Flash memory is also the amount that the phone has to use at any given time = RAM.

The Storm2 will have an embedded media card of 2GB. So really 2x more memory than the previous Storm.

Memory

BlackBerry Storm2:

* 2 GB Embedded Multimedia Card
    * 256 MB Flash Memory

BlackBerry Storm 9530:

* 1 GB Embedded Multimedia Card
    * 128 MB Flash Memory
    10-23-09 07:02 PM
    Maybe try this Specs
    10-23-09 07:11 PM
    How about waiting until the phone is released and then just find out for yourself? Or as someone else said...you have the same internet that we do.
    10-23-09 07:16 PM
    The ROM would be the size of the OS I'm assuming and within the flash memory (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Flash memory is also the amount that the phone has to use at any given time = RAM.

The Storm2 will have an embedded media card of 2GB. So really 2x more memory than the previous Storm.

Memory

BlackBerry Storm2:

* 256 MB Flash Memory

BlackBerry Storm 9530:

* 128 MB Flash Memory
    Where do I sign up for the ability to be as completely wrong as you?

Storm 1- 8GB media card
    Tour- 2GB media card
    Storm 2 - 16GB card

10-23-09 07:51 PM
    Where do I sign up for the ability to be as completely wrong as you?

Storm 1- 8GB media card
    Tour- 2GB media card
    Storm 2 - 16GB card

Why don't you start by signing up for the webster's dictionary.

Embedded - enclosed firmly in a surrounding mass. Is the 8GB memory card enclosed in the Storm1? Is the 2GB memory card enclosed in the Tour? Of course not, so obviously I was talking about internal memory and not the external Micro SD cards that you can change out. Wow.. you really shouldn't be so fast to accuse me of wrong information huh?

Memory

BlackBerry Storm2:

* 256 MB Flash Memory

BlackBerry Storm™ 9530:

* 128 MB Flash Memory
    By the way the above was a copy and paste of BlackBerry's website.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 10-23-09 at 08:37 PM.
    10-23-09 08:33 PM
    Yes actually the memory card is in fact inside the phone and came that way.

10-23-09 08:44 PM
    Yes actually the memory card is in fact inside the phone and came that way.

Right. So there's an embedded memory card and also just a memory card included with the phone.

Please go to the following link and stop making yourself look even more stupid:
    BlackBerry - Storm Specs for 9550 and 9530 - Discover Blackberry Storm Specifications
    10-23-09 08:46 PM
    RIM's site doesn't say anything about the 8GB memory card that comes with the phone or the included SIM card.

Since I bought my phone from Verizon, I'll go with the specs listed on their site.

Memory: 128MB Flash Memory, 192MB RAM, 1GB On–board memory
    no mention of this being a card

8GB SanDisk microSD™ Card pre–installed
    oh, here we go
    10-23-09 10:34 PM
    RIM's site doesn't say anything about the 8GB memory card that comes with the phone or the included SIM card.

Since I bought my phone from Verizon, I'll go with the specs listed on their site.

no mention of this being a card

oh, here we go
    Wow you really try hard not to be seen as a complete *****. But anyone who can comprehend will understand RIM's site and understand how stupid you look right now.

Obviously RIM is referring to internal memory and not a random microsd card hidden in the phone.

10-23-09 10:43 PM
    Ladies, retract your claws, no need to fight, though this is pretty amusing

10-23-09 10:58 PM
    Ladies, retract your claws, no need to fight, though this is pretty amusing

I'm with Sanders on this one! Remember from our Rules & Policies section......

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and dont get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If youre on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they wont be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    10-23-09 11:19 PM
    Awww... it was just getting interesting... I could see the deathrays and lightsabers being drawn soon...
    anyway... same internet as we, wait till the phone comes out, read the forums... keep creating threads that gets reps at each others throats... I'm gonna stay out of it and watch.
    10-24-09 07:54 AM
    I realize that I have the same internet, and I did actually look for this info first, I could not find anything. But some people in here work for Verizon and have other information that might be very difficult to find, so that is why I asked.
    10-24-09 10:34 AM
    Awesome. The vz forums are becoming more interesting than the storm 2 threads.

10-24-09 05:08 PM
    never noticed the arguments over trivial issues before ...are most threads like this? wow....

10-24-09 05:41 PM
    never noticed the arguments over trivial issues before ...are most threads like this? wow....

Not really - you have a few that try to flame others who have a history of being credible, because of jealousy I guess? They try to label you as ignorant since they didn't have the correct answer in their mind.
    10-24-09 06:16 PM
    They try to label you as ignorant since they didn't have the correct answer in their mind.
    Or the answer you had didn't match what they wanted to hear.

I can't believe the ad-hominem remarks leveled by the truly ignorant.

To answer your questions, Shawn...

1) Not enough

2) Not enough

Pretty nice when the same answer fits both, huh?
    10-24-09 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD