10-13-09 03:38 AM
51 123
tools
    I've been reading through a bunch of posts throughout the forum, and i've been trying to decide on my next phone. That's why i'm starting this thread. To get opinions from people who know the carrier well, and have got to try many different phones that are available, or are soon to be.

TwinsX2Dad, i'd like to specifically ask you, because after reading through multiple threads and seeing your input, i'd like to hear what you have to say. I know your opinions of the Storm 2, and although i've never messed with one, i can say that after all of the troubles with the Storm i've had, i'm not even considering the next iteration of the device.

I know you seem to be against the Tour as well, but i can't help being attracted to it because of my love for a physical keyboard. That's what i'm looking for here i believe. Something that's just straightforward, and put together well enough that hardware problems are a moot point, and it's all about software and stability.

So, here's my question, what are your personal favorites? what's coming out in the next months that you would recommend to those in my shoes? It doesn't have to be a BlackBerry, although, i'm not trying to steer away from it either, i'm simply open to all suggestions.

Anyone else is more than welcome to give their input, so please let me know what you think. Right now, in my mind it's a Tour, but someone may change that. Thanks for any, and all replies.
    10-09-09 02:30 AM
    There are many people who love their Tours - I am not one of them for a couple reasons. One is the build quality. The other is it is BlackBerry.

Don't get me wrong - I was a huge fan of BlackBerry until not too long ago. Their drop in my personal thoughts started with the Storm/Bold, went down further with the Tour & hit rock bottom with BB5. These things once were very good. Never state of the art or cutting edge - just solid & reliable. I would even hesitate to call Curve "solid" as there were some design issues I didn't care for. Reliable, yes - solid... well, almost.

Right this second, I would point a VZW customer toward three phones, if they thought they wanted a smartphone. Samsung Rogue, especially if they didn't need all of the bells & whistles. If they did want the additional horsepower, then the two newest HTC models - Imagio & TP2, depending on needs & wants - would be the direction I'd nudge them toward.

Give it a few weeks & the Samsung Omnia2 would join the list. A few more months & HD models from HTC & Samsung or a new Android phone may enter into the picture.

Several things to consider. Physical keyboards on the HTC models are second to none. They make BlackBerry look bad. Samsung isn't far behind, but the number of keyboard rows on the HTC, with the offset rows (5 of them) are hard to pass up. BUT, WM is not for everyone, as you can get yourself into a lot of trouble with it, if you're not careful or you don't know what you're doing. Still, 95% of the WM haters are either going by what they've heard OR they had experience with an old model of phone. WM is made & broken by the device it is on.

I see more lag on Tour than I do the new HTCs with TouchFlo 3D. Omnia2 is similar in response to Tour, but gains points for the AMOLED screen - the thing aces everything in battery life.

If you're interested in something a bit simpler & a little more difficult to hose up, Android is a good option. my concern with Android is that it isn't quite there yet & still behind platforms like Symbian, WM & even Palm. It will become competitive, but I am concerned with when. Google doesn't have a good track record with getting things out of eternal beta stage. Think about how long a lapse there was between their acquisition of GrandCentral to the rollout of GoogleVoice - and it is still in beta. Plus I am concerned with the ongoing privacy issues swirling around Google. Their motto "Do No Harm" is only the first half. Google's entire motto seems to be "Do No Harm unless we can make a profit..."

Let's just say I wouldn't do too much in the way of personal data on an Android phone & we'll leave it at that.

Palm has become a one-trick platform (yes, I know Pixi is coming) on an irrelevant carrier.

Symbian, like WM, is showing age, plus it really isn't a player in North America.

The new WM6.5 release is only a point release, aimed at carrying the platform just a bit longer until WM7 is ready. Because of this, I can understand why some may be hesitant even now. But there are far more WM enthusiasts than there are BlackBerry. Those who think it is special to try cooked releases of BlackBerry OSes have no clue what cooked ROMS are all about until they experience what people have on WM. If you like to customize, tweak, mod & massage a device into your very own, WM is still the hands down winner.

If you want primarily a phone, BlackBerry isn't bad - but there are far better phones - in sound quality, radio strength & build quality. If you want a more capable Web & data device, you could look at nearly anything else, including iPhone. BlackBerry is simple. When simple was good and RIM made high-quality products, BlackBerry was good. These days, you can expect a BlackBerry to have a myriad of quality problems & poor design ideas. Since the Tour came out, I have personally had several white-screen, screens ripple, battery covers fail & one catch fire & burn up. On the flipside, I have had zero trouble from Omnia2 (except for one faulty battery), no problems with several TP2 examples, both pre & post release (both models even have better battery life) and not a single hiccup from a few Android phones. The iPhone I have never misses a beat, even though AT&T trips constantly & even the two Palms in my arsenal have been admirable performers, even with their cramped keyboards.

If you want my choice for the best smartphone - well, it isn't here yet. That device will combine a well-made chassis, like HTC, Samsung & Nokia offer, with WM7, a Linux-based OS or maybe Android. LG looks to be an up & coming smartphone maker, so keep your eyes out there. In the near term, I'd recommend Samsung or HTC. In the longer term, I'd watch Nokia & LG. The platforms on my must-have list are WM7 & Linux. I am not sure if I will ever feel comfortable with Android - but eventually, it will be a force to be reckoned with.

If you can wait just awhile longer - Christmas to Q1 2010 - there will be many more choices, including the amazing HTC & (maybe) Samsung HD models. Regardless of which one you choose, you will be wanting something completely new - probably by Q2/Q3 2010.

A little financial factoid - either LG, Nokia, Microsoft, Yahoo, Sony or Google could buy RIM tomorrow, lock, stock & barrel without making a cash call & without financing. And there are rumors that may be in the works, almost as surely as Rush Limbaugh is negotiating to buy the St Louis Rams. Just watch for the stock price to dip & that could be all she wrote.

I'd go into more detail on all the above, but I am fading rapidly & am somewhat warmed by some Scotch - so forgive any spelling issues. My forehead may have caused some of them
    Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 10-09-09 at 03:24 AM.
    10-09-09 03:20 AM
    Thank you for the very detailed response, as i greatly appreciate it.

I feel that the things you described in your response are deeper in nature than what a lot of people realize. To me, i feel as though it's something that we all have realized, but are scared to admit. And that's simply that the BlackBerry OS is outdated, and has been for some time. Previously, this was acceptable to people because it was always backed up by a very stable piece of hardware. But recently, with all of the technical problems with recent devices, some have seen the daylight, and most have shrank back into the darkness.

I believe you've seen the light, Twins, and it's evident in all of your suggestions. What i'm sure would once have been an emphatic support for choosing the latest BlackBerry, is now a whole hearted warning to avoid the sinking ship.

I am very thankful for the level headedness, as i know that in the coming months, i would have deeply regretted my decision of going with the Tour.

My main concern if with Windows Mobile, I previously had a Moto Q, which familiarized me with the platform. I'm not looking for a touchscreen device, after the Storm, i'm completely turned off of by them. However, i wouldn't mind having a combination of the two, and going with something similar to the Touch Pro 2.

Here's my next question, and this is a strict judgement call, which i'd appreciate your input on. My contract will be up for renewal in August at the earliest, and i'd like to know if i should wait until that time, or spring on something now. I don't know if i can take much more of my Storm, the SurePress technology makes me want to smash my head off of a wall. So should i jump now? The promise of new HD devices being available in the coming months is something i'm really looking forward to. So, if you can help in any way i'd appreciate it.

Also, please don't hesitate to elaborate, i enjoy reading your detailed responses, and hope to get a good insight into what you believe.

Thanks again, it's much appreciated.
    10-09-09 04:27 AM
    hmm... so any thoughts?
    10-09-09 07:48 PM
    hmm... so any thoughts?
    Patience, Grasshopper - I get busy during the day.

A lot of it is something you need to weigh for yourself - what is important to you & what you need the device to do.

Keyboard & UI are all-important & each has tradeoffs, with three basic smartphone form factors.

Physical keyboard on front = small screen or very large device. Think Ozone, Moto Q, Treo, BlackBerry.

Virtual touchscreen = large screen with minimal form. Think iPhone, Imagio, Storm & the upcoming HD phones.

Hybrid touchscreen & physical keyboard = large screen, minimum length/width, but increased thickness & weight. Think TP2, Pre, Rogue.

A new hybrid is rumored - one that would have a form factor like Ozone, Moto Q, Treo & BlackBerry, where the screen is touch-sensitive. This would mostly replace trackball & trackpads. For some, this would be an improvement over current solutions in this form factor, while others will just see more fingerprints.

My favorite form factor is the hybrid - where I can use the touchscreen when it is convenient & the keyboard for typing. I don't mind the added thickness, and it is negligible anyway. The greater weight adds to the feeling that the device is substantial. Cheap plastic doesn't have to feel cheap, after all.

If you don't like touchscreens, you may not like the HD devices in the pipeline. Some of the rumor shops are claiming a 4.3 inch screen, but the more conservative thoughts are along the lines of 4 inches. Nice devices, but optimized for video & games more than productivity apps.

The big thing I am looking forward to is that the HD2 will finally be sporting more than the old 528MHz processor HTC has been cheaping out with for seemingly forever. Still, HTC has optimized TP2 & Imagio to a point where you almost won't notice - unless you want some really serious video.

Speaking of processors, we will be seeing some 1GHz chips soon. Where is RIM leaning? 528MHz.

As for WM, you can listen to the Internet trash or you can look at reality. Here is the reality.

Much of the stuff you hear is old information. writings made by people who are uneducated about the product or from people who tried one unaware that these things just aren't your run-of-the-mill flip phone. Carriers share a lot of the culpability with regards to the bad information, as they pushed WM devices as the latest & greatest, before smartphones were prevalent - then they didn't have people who knew how to support them.

I've had more than one VZW & AT&T rep tell me, in the not too distant past, that adding software to a Tilt or an XV6800 voided the warranty & could cost me my service. We know that is untrue now & it was then. What many don't know is how untrue many WM claims are. Here's a rundown of the most common...

WM can be slow. As I alluded to previously, the device plays a huge role in the OS speed & response, as can the number of open apps. Get too many apps open on BlackBerry & the device crashes. Get too many open on WM (which equals many more than the crash limit on BlackBerry), it can be painful. So, have 10 apps open on BlackBerry & it may crash. Get 20 apps running on WM, it runs slowly. Too many people equate their sloppy computer habits with a faulty device.

Gee, Corvettes are junk because I wrecked mine six times!

It isn't the car's fault, folks - and it isn't WM's fault that you don't know how to work your phone.

Then there is bloatware & stock settings that are either there because of the carrier or the device manufacturer. These have nothing to do with WM or Microsoft. Change the settings or load a lean ROM & a WM device will positively smoke a BlackBerry, while keeping the ability to make a BlackBerry look like a toy with all of the added capabilities that WM offers.

If you tell me you don't like the WM browser, I will ask which browser you are referring to. Many don't know which browser they are running, nor are they aware the browser in 6.5 is vastly different than earlier versions. Regardless, if you don't like WM's IE, you can use dozens of browser variants, including Opera Mini, Opera Mobile, Skyfire. Quick install & unlike BlackBerry, you can choose any of them as a default or, like on your computer, you can "Open With..." Opera Mobile & Skyfire are far superior to anything you can put on BlackBerry - even Opera Mini for WM is much more livable & capable than the BlackBerry version. With BlackBerry, how many browsers can you use?

Looks are subjective, as is usability & many will say they don't like the look of WM. But there are thousands of ROMs available to make your WM device your own. I've run Samsung ROMS on HTC devices & vice-versa. Your options are vastly superior to what BlackBerry offers.

Nearly everything within the WM UI has been changed in 6.5 and free updates come out regularly. Navigation is vastly improved. Various overlays, like HTC's TouchFlo 3D or Samsung's TouchWiz 2 do even more. It takes a lot of work to find anything HTC hasn't updated with TouchFlo 3D. Samsung's isn't quite as thorough, but most wouldn't notice. Even without any overlays, the home/Today screen is an incredible change. The OS is vastly more finger friendly & puts Storm & Storm 2 to shame - even those running BB5. Want a different overlay? Load one up. Still don't like the look? Change it. It is easy to do - you can make your WM look like an Apple today, a Zune tomorrow, a DS Lite the next - and if you're worried about doing that yourself, there are apps that will customize for you. You can have your WM any way you want it. All those ROMs can help, too.

Want WM7 now? There's a ROM for that.

For the reality that is Android - I equate Android more with iPhone than anything else. More capable, yes - but it is definitely a consumer product. I don't see any serious corporate interest - at least not by companies who value their information. It will take a lot for Google to topple WM as the device platform of choice for business - yes, I said WM. BlackBerry is NOT the number one choice of businesses. Android will be the choice of the anti-iPhone set - they want GMail, Flicker, Twitter & YouTube. They don't care about spreadsheets or actual computing power. They want a limited netbook (as if netbooks aren't already limited enough) they can pocket. It will be good, but it won't be anything that will merge work & play - where BlackBerry is more business & less play, Android will be more play & less work - coupled with some serious security concerns. WM7 & Linux will do a much better job of blending the two into one.

Linux will be one of the two all things to all people platforms, sharing the stage with WM7 and possibly Android. I see it shaking out as WM7 & Linux variants on top, with Android pulling up an admirable second - any of the three will be very usable.

There are those who claim all the major manufacturers are dumping WM. It isn't true. HTC has confirmed their premium devices will stay WM & pick up some Linux, while their bargain units will be Android. Moto is trying to recover with reduced pricing, so they are rolling some Android models - but they are readying a killer device for 2010 running... WM7. Nokia seems to be the only open manufacturer who may not offer a WM device - but even they have been floating some WM7 protos. So don't worry - WM isn't going anywhere.

Now, for the final piece, I have six IT people on the payroll & one regular outside IT consulting firm. For the IT people, since they admin these things, we offer them their choice of work phones. Each one of them runs custom ROM WM phones - and they also carry them as their personal phones. The consulting firm recommends WM, Palm & Linux as best for productivity & value.

Take my words for what you will. Like them or not, they are my words. I can afford anything I want to carry - and if I don't like it after 60 or 90 days, I can buy another. I don't buy subsidized phones & I don't sign cell phone contracts - because if I did, it might stain my objectivity with another carrier. So I have a bunch of month-to-months & a bunch of phones. I am watching Android, but it doesn't excite me & doesn't thrill me as anything more than a competitive piece - and we know what competition does - it makes all better. I no longer feel BlackBerry is worth my money, as RIM seems to have decided their products can sell based on reputation only & they don't care to compete.

And, before the BlackBerry fans or the anti-WM contingent come out to flame me, make sure you read my signature first.
    10-09-09 10:02 PM
    Can you sync OWA on a WM phone like you can on a BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 10:16 PM
    Can you sync OWA on a WM phone like you can on a BB?
    You can only sync with OWA with BlackBerry Professional & BES. Outlook Web Access, along with Outlook & WM are all Microsoft-owned.

You can sync wirelessly with WM - you can do wireless syncs with pretty much anything - no cables needed.

10-09-09 11:01 PM
    A little more on the subject, straight from the BlackBerry forums...

Full Wireless Sync Needed for BIS and OWA

Outlook Web Access
    10-09-09 11:35 PM
    So far Twins has contributed roughly 2,600 words to this thread
    10-09-09 11:39 PM
    Twins, i appreciate the very detailed response, as it gave a very good insight into what makes WM tick, and the differences between the BlackBerry OS and other OS's available in the smartphone world.

I think the next best step would be to outline what i want from a phone in particular, and then you can direct me in a way you think best fits that. Also, sorry for the bump earlier in the night, hah, i was curious as to your opinion, and was unsure wether you would post again or not.

Okay, anyway back to what i was saying. What i'm looking for in both the hardware and OS of my phone is a stable and reliable build quality, and a very intuitive and yet deeply built OS. I feel like the BlackBerry OS provides some of that, but it's nowhere near as intuitive as I believe it should be. But, my problem is that i like the traditional BlackBerry design for a phone.

In the past, i've have a Moto Q9M, and recently the Storm, which i liked the overall design of, but i hate the SurePress technology. I miss the idea of a full qwerty keyboard and the basic and simplistic design of the Q.

I've never liked the design of phones like the Env and things of that nature, i seem to dislike the wide keyboard, and prefer a smaller more compact design that the traditional BlackBerry has.

So, i guess ultimately, my question is go with the HTC Touch Pro 2, or simply give in and go with a BlackBerry on verizon? I simply can't keep the Storm any longer, and i need to make a decision sometime in the near future. I probably won't be getting anything that i decide on until around Christmas anyway, so if you can give me a suggestion for around that time i'd appreciate it.

Also, one of the other main things i'm looking for is something with third part accessory support, i want something similar to the visor that BlackBerry has for your car to be used with whatever device i get, because the idea of voice over your speaker system and voice read GPS directions is really appealing to me. So if you could suggest something that has support similar to that i'd really appreciate that.

Sorry for the seemingly nagging post, but i feel that out of all of the people on this forum you seem to be a very level headed and realistic person to ask.
    10-09-09 11:39 PM
    It's a PHONE, not your future wife!
    Last edited by bluerskyes; 10-10-09 at 01:10 AM. Reason: brevity
    10-10-09 12:32 AM
    It's a PHONE, not your future wife!
    hmm... was it necessary to quote all that? lol
    10-10-09 12:37 AM
    I know that, but i don't feel like buying something i'm unsatisfied with, and if i'm going to be spending a decent amount of money out it (buying it outright) i want to make sure it's a good decision. hah.
    10-10-09 12:43 AM
    hmm... was it necessary to quote all that? lol
    I was being lazy.
    10-10-09 01:08 AM
    Hey twin! Im not trying to hijack but can u direct me to where i can get the win7 rom? i have no clue how to load it either... The Imagio is a great phone! TouchFLO3D is great, the screen is beautiful,messages pop up WITHOUT an app, you can reject a call and send a text to the call without an app, FM tuner...... winmo is topshelf and RIM is well drinks

10-10-09 01:12 AM
    Okay, anyway back to what i was saying. What i'm looking for in both the hardware and OS of my phone is a stable and reliable build quality, and a very intuitive and yet deeply built OS. I feel like the BlackBerry OS provides some of that, but it's nowhere near as intuitive as I believe it should be. But, my problem is that i like the traditional BlackBerry design for a phone.

None of these devices are very intuitive - and the more features you put into one, the less intuitive it becomes. So you have to decide between simplicity, like BlackBerry or iPhone, and features, like WM, Android or Linux.

I should probably stop talking Linux until we have an idea as to when we might see it on VZW.

In the past, i've have a Moto Q9M, and recently the Storm, which i liked the overall design of, but i hate the SurePress technology. I miss the idea of a full qwerty keyboard and the basic and simplistic design of the Q.

This could be an issue, because you give up a lot of the screen real estate that makes the more advanced devices shine. You could put the same underlying architecture on an Ozone as the Imagio has & it still won't be as good.

BlackBerry has the opposite problem - it is good enough for a small screen - putting it in a large touchscreen only illustrates the platform's serious weaknesses.

I've never liked the design of phones like the Env and things of that nature, i seem to dislike the wide keyboard, and prefer a smaller more compact design that the traditional BlackBerry has.

I never much liked these much either - they were difficult to type on - small keys that are too far apart for comfortable thumb typing. But the TP2 is different. The keyboard feels expensive, and makes even the vaulted Curve keyboard feel cheap in comparison. The keys are large, offset & soft touch. After about 2 minutes, I was more comfortable with it than I ever was with Curve or Tour. I always enjoyed Curve keys - either 83XX or 89XX - until I tried the TP2. The Curve now makes noises I never noticed before and my typing is slower. I never cared for the Tour/Bold/88XX keyboard - now I despise the things.

So, i guess ultimately, my question is go with the HTC Touch Pro 2, or simply give in and go with a BlackBerry on verizon? I simply can't keep the Storm any longer, and i need to make a decision sometime in the near future. I probably won't be getting anything that i decide on until around Christmas anyway, so if you can give me a suggestion for around that time i'd appreciate it.

If you're waiting that long, wait & watch what is coming. There promises to be even more than we're seeing now, including a few possible surprises. If it were me & I needed a new phone now, I'd have to choose between the TP2 & Imagio. I have both & love each, but for slightly different reasons - the individual form factors seem to lend themselves to certain advantages depending on what you're doing & what you need to do. The Imagio works better in a sport coat while out on the town, while the TP2 works better in the board room. That said, I believe HTC has outdone even the vaunted iPhone with the Imagio.

Also, one of the other main things i'm looking for is something with third part accessory support, i want something similar to the visor that BlackBerry has for your car to be used with whatever device i get, because the idea of voice over your speaker system and voice read GPS directions is really appealing to me. So if you could suggest something that has support similar to that i'd really appreciate that.

There are many BT car adaptors on the market - some good, some not so good. Moto, Jabra & Plantronics are three - and between Costco & Sam's Club alone, I think there are probably six total models in the stores, with more online. These all work on nearly any phone.

Typical of a new phone, some of the OEM accessories aren't quite there yet, but aftermarket cradles, cases & more are already appearing for TP2 & Imagio.

Sorry for the seemingly nagging post, but i feel that out of all of the people on this forum you seem to be a very level headed and realistic person to ask.
    I try to be - and I tend to not be loyal to a brand. One can never call me a "fanboy" with any accuracy, as I could love the Acme Alpha, but hate the Acme Omega. Or I might love something today & the sequel stinks. I decide what is best & go from there, without paying attention to who makes it. I do have some preferences to "Made in North America" or more specifically, "Made in the USA" but considering the US value added percentage of these devices & the fact BlackBerry has more foreign value added content than most any other smartphone, I can't get excited over RIM's "Made in Canada" or "Made in Mexico" stickers.

Hey twin! Im not trying to hijack but can u direct me to where i can get the win7 rom? i have no clue how to load it either...
    Um no - you can hose up your own phone without my help. You might try WM7, hose your phone up because you missed a minute detail, then you'll be bugging me for the next year trying to fix it.

But you can start your search either at xda-developers.com or PPCGeeks.com - want ROMs? Head there.
    10-10-09 02:41 AM
    Twins -- who are you now? Jesus Christ? lol.. writing in red like that..
    10-10-09 02:57 AM
    Hey twin! Im not trying to hijack but can u direct me to where i can get the win7 rom? i have no clue how to load it either... The Imagio is a great phone! TouchFLO3D is great, the screen is beautiful,messages pop up WITHOUT an app, you can reject a call and send a text to the call without an app, FM tuner...... winmo is topshelf and RIM is well drinks

This forum should now be declared - "Hate on Blackberry, VZW Style".. haha
    10-10-09 02:59 AM
    Haha, nice thread title.

Anyway, thank you Twin, i really appreciate the good responses. My next question is this, without being able to test out the Touch Pro 2 or the Imagio ( no corporate store around where i live) how would you describe their responsiveness? That's my biggest problem with touchscreen devices, when the screen is laggy and unresponsive. I need a very quick and efficient device, and that's one of the main reasons the Storm drives me so crazy.

It seems that out of the phone's you've suggested so far, the Touch Pro 2 seems to be the one that i'd choose. But i'm still hesitant. How is the build quality? The interface? and their push email technology? I know that RIM's push technology is highly touted, but i can't help but assume that Window's Mobile has developed something highly comparable. Is that true?

Also, I really do like "Made in the USA" products, because honestly, without getting any flaming at all, i like to buy American and support businesses from my country.

All political talk aside. I'm honestly considering the HTC Touch Pro 2. Do you know of any way that i can mess around with one somewhere? I'd really like to get my hands on it before i buy it.

Also, one other question about the Touch Pro, is the keyboard wide like those of the Env and other phones we talked about? Or is it wide enough to fit comfortably in most hand sizes, but yet still type without having to cause any "thumb stretching"? Also, if it's not too much of a hassle, is there any way you could point me to some sites that sell accessories for HTC products and such? I'd like to check some of these out.
    10-10-09 04:06 AM
    You can only sync with OWA with BlackBerry Professional & BES.
    I guess I should of not said sync.

Can you push OWA to WM like a BB does.

10-10-09 08:55 AM
    This has turned into something like buying a car... dude... I'm cross eyed with Twinz responses...
    Although he's got good points... he's not a blackberry HATER... just is open to other devices unlike most of us.

Oh, BTW... hate the Ozone. DUMB DUMB smart phone.
    10-10-09 09:18 AM
    For some of us it is like buying a car because the purpose of the phone is for business, so it has to work without too many hitches. And, I am not familiar with WinMo or Android since I'm coming from a Blackberry.

I'm not bashing Blackberry but at the moment, I don't have much confidence with the quality of their phones. I had way too many problems with the Tour. It's not good to be troubleshooting why my Blackberry isn't functioning on top of trying to get some work done.

So in my search for a new phone (omitting Blackberries due to quality issues), that leaves my choices to other smartphones in Verizon's inventory.

This is why I find Twins' insights helpful in my deliberations on the next phone I choose.
    10-10-09 10:01 AM
    I personally don't understand why some people downplay the thought of going in depth over a phone simply to make a good decision. How is this a bad thing? I know, to some it may seem to be a ridiculous concept, but after dealing with the catastrophe that is know as the Storm for the last 10 Months, i'm extremely determined to avoid that again completely.

Back on topic, today i'm going to look around at some of the phones on the market and check out some cool devices. Hopefully it'll give me some more insight, and bring me closer to a decision.
    10-10-09 06:49 PM
    I personally don't understand why some people downplay the thought of going in depth over a phone simply to make a good decision. How is this a bad thing? I know, to some it may seem to be a ridiculous concept, but after dealing with the catastrophe that is know as the Storm for the last 10 Months, i'm extremely determined to avoid that again completely.
    Too many people see your choice of phone as self-validation. If you don't choose the phone they choose, you're less than they are or they see it as you just attacked their selection for you.

As I've said before, I couldn't care less what phones others carry. My phone does not validate me, nor does it bolster my existence.

What gets to me is when people tell you something is better or worse, but cannot tell you why. What is even worse is when they start spewing falsehoods based on misconceptions they've read on fansites.

There may be a few things a BlackBerry can do better than other platforms. When I determine what those are, I will let you know.
    10-10-09 07:40 PM
    Haha, how about push email technology! that might be one?... Maybe?

haha. :P that's a good point. I can understand where people get that, because naturally people don't like to hear that something they spent their money on is not up to someone else's standards, and instead of simply asking why and comparing, they get angry and flame or provide lame reasons like you sarcastically added to the end of your post.

I went to my local mall tonight just to test out the keyboards of some various BlackBerry's, and i'm a fan of the curve's especially the 8900. Sadly, none of the stores had any HTC products available, so i couldn't test either of those, which in all honesty is what i was looking forward to testing the most.

Twins, do you know of any news concerning the new curve coming to Verizon? I'd be interested to mess with that and see how i like it, and hopefully i can get my hands on some HTC devices!
    10-10-09 09:38 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD