Is there a way to turn voice mail off completely but still have the default number of rings as if you still had vm so it would just hit a busy tone or drop the call?

Thanks,Reid

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 03:20 AM
    Is there a way to turn voice mail off completely but still have the default number of rings as if you still had vm so it would just hit a busy tone or drop the call?

Thanks,Reid

I'm pretty sure they have changed it so the feature can't be changed..I know they were talking about it but you can call cust care or visit local store and ask them to remove the feature for you.

11-02-08 04:18 AM
    My dad turned off his voice mail. After so many rings it tells me the user is not available

On my verizon I can deactivate voice mail as well. Call 611 they will be able to help you

11-02-08 04:43 PM
    Yup you can remove the voicemail feature from you account via myverizon, *611, or in store

11-02-08 10:35 PM
    Or you can use Youmail and just ditch the calls.
    08-13-09 07:25 PM
    How old is this post.
    08-13-09 07:28 PM
    How old is this post.
    Clearly I wasn't paying attention I landed on it from a Google search and replied without looking at the date.
    08-13-09 08:36 PM
    How old is this post.
    Newer than the bunch you were resurrecting earlier today.

Ans, since the question was never adequately answered, here it is...

Depending on switch type & programming, the 77 code may work.

VM Off: *770
    VM On: *77

Last time I checked, it still works for me. You must be within a VZW service area - extended network will not do it.

08-13-09 08:45 PM
    blackberry 1x when someone phones me it goes straight to voicemail how can i turn it off completely please need to recieve all calls no voicemail thank you
    04-12-13 04:08 AM
    blackberry 1x when someone phones me it goes straight to voicemail how can i turn it off completely please need to recieve all calls no voicemail thank you
    Is this happening when your phone is one? Does it happen on all of your calls?
    04-12-13 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD