I searched but found nothing on this. Can anyone tell me how to view Ebay on an 8330 verizon curve. I tried the m.ebay thing and that doesn't work doesn't allow me to view my stuff I am selling and review offers. Going eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices only allows me in so far. When I try and log in to my account it blows me out every time please help
    06-28-08 09:59 PM
    it has worked on mine before
    06-29-08 12:55 AM
    Download Opera Mini, and you can use just about any website in full HTML, you won't have to use the mobile version. I browse eBay frequently on it, and it looks and works great!
    06-29-08 04:14 PM
    Hi. I have the same problem in viewing ebay. I have tried using the mobile site address, and it comes up and I can log on, but I only see portions of the page, not all my items, watching, bidding etc etc. I tried changing the page or column view from the menu, checked the browser and general configurations, and pulled the battery. I really want to use it through the mobile site, as I am slow on opera mini. And the really frustrating thing is that I have a work 8703e blkberry that ebay mobile is working perfectly on, but I can't tell what I am doing wrong on my 8330 curve..........and I would really like to only carry one device.

Thanks for any help!!!
    07-05-08 10:35 AM
    yeah u might have to wait for the software update otherwise yes the opera mini program should allow to use ebay in html format
    07-05-08 10:39 AM
    Download Opera Mini, and you can use just about any website in full HTML, you won't have to use the mobile version. I browse eBay frequently on it, and it looks and works great!
    So are you all saying that unless one uses Opera Mini, there is no way to view eBay with the BB browser at all?
    07-05-08 10:51 AM
    Cant go wrong with Operamini
    I would suggest using it if you can
    07-05-08 10:53 AM
    I'm a big fan of the old eBay WAP site .. quick and easy to use from the BB browser:

eBay Main
    07-05-08 11:27 AM
    HI. Could you please tell me what a WAP site is?? And how do I get to the one for Ebay??

THANKS
    07-05-08 09:05 PM
    HI. Could you please tell me what a WAP site is?? And how do I get to the one for Ebay??

THANKS
    WAP stands for Wireless Application Protocol. Basically they are mobile-friendly versions of sites. You can get to the one for ebay by typing in wap.ebay.com in your BB browser
    07-06-08 11:22 AM
    I have run into a few websites that work better or just ain work on opera mini over the bb browser and ebay is one of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 07:00 PM
    Just an FYI, Opera Mini is not completely secure. Opera Mobile is secure but not Opera Mini. For Opera Mini to render the web pages, opera's servers process the web pages and output them in a compact format for your phone. So when you login to ebay, Operas servers receive and process your login information so they can output the pages back to your phone. The connection to your phone to operas server is encrypted and the connection from the server to the website is now also encrypted, but the Opera server does decrypt your data when it processes the web page. SO technically, your login information is exposed at this point and there is no true end-to-end encryption. It is up to you whether you trust opera's servers to be secure and un-hackable. Their own FAQ says "If you do not trust Opera Software, make sure you do not use our application to enter any kind of sensitive information."

I dont mind using Opera Mini for forum logins but I am not so sure about my ebay and paypal login since they have so much personal and financial information.

You can read more at their FAQ
    Last edited by mountainfrog; 07-06-08 at 09:11 PM.
    07-06-08 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD