11-06-09 03:36 PM
33 12
tools
    On the other hand a dpad is nice for selecting small links on a webpage.
    Just zoom in & use a stylus!

Oh wait - cap screen. No styli allowed.
    11-06-09 11:20 AM
    The most they will offer you, I've seen this everyday, is either 1yr pricing which is usually $70 more than 2 year or a buddy upgrade if a second line on your account is within 60 days of upgrade eligibility. The droid is not a comprable device to a blackberry in any form or functionality... Buyers remorse is not an excuse to let you out of your contract. There are a million happy tour users, so its not the device..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 11:53 AM
    So I picked up my Droid at midnight this morning. So far, it's been very enjoyable. Definitely an upgrade from the Tour in terms of the OS (applications, GUI, etc).

The thing is fast! And the webkit browser just destroys RIM's browser, and even Opera Mini/Bolt on BB.

I had to pony up $500 for full retail (Walmart), which is $60 off of Verizon's corporate stores. I figure if I can get $250-$300 for my Tour on eBay, it's just like getting it at the 2 year price without the contract.

On a side note, I'm sitting in my room getting a -59dB signal, whereas the same location my Tour only got -80dB. For the longest time I thought -80dB was the perfect signal. Apparently not. Anybody know if there is a max signal for CDMA networks?
    11-06-09 12:22 PM
    The thing is fast! And the webkit browser just destroys RIM's browser, and even Opera Mini/Bolt on BB.
    Yes its very fast It has to be close in speed to the almight iphone.
    11-06-09 12:45 PM
    Yes its very fast It has to be close in speed to the almight iphone.
    Its faster in most ways - the problem is, load it with the wrong apps & it will slow dramatically & battery will suffer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 02:35 PM
    On a side note, I'm sitting in my room getting a -59dB signal, whereas the same location my Tour only got -80dB. For the longest time I thought -80dB was the perfect signal. Apparently not. Anybody know if there is a max signal for CDMA networks?
    Anything better than -50dB will generally cause issues from overmodulation, but -80dB isn't good either - that is roughly the point where signal degradation is starting - we'll call it a mediocre signal. You usually won't notice much until you start hitting -95dB & lower.

Moto's radio performance tends to be first rate (they were originally a premium radio manufacturer, after all), while BlackBerry is one of the worst.
    11-06-09 02:43 PM
    Anything better than -50dB will generally cause issues from overmodulation, but -80dB isn't good either - that is roughly the point where signal degradation is starting - we'll call it a mediocre signal. You usually won't notice much until you start hitting -95dB & lower.

Moto's radio performance tends to be first rate (they were originally a premium radio manufacturer, after all), while BlackBerry is one of the worst.
    Wow, thanks for the informative post! I thought the Tour had excellent reception! Well, this is just making me even happier, lol.
    11-06-09 03:12 PM
    Wow, thanks for the informative post! I thought the Tour had excellent reception! Well, this is just making me even happier, lol.
    Sure thing - some folks will tell you that the phone meters are inaccurate, and that is true. However, I've noticed that Moto's tend to be a little more conservative & closer to reality. The Droid I have is about 4% off from a calibrated instrument, while normal is closer to 10-25% off - and they are almost always optimistic.

So yes - if you like the design of that device, you have a lot to be happy about. It dusts BlackBerry all the way back into the box.
    11-06-09 03:36 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD