11-06-09 04:36 PM
33 12
tools
    I purchased my Tour when it came out and as everyone else, i am experiencing trackball issues. I exchanged it once in august and just exchanged it again today. This phone will most likely crap as well.

I want out of the Tour and i want the Droid...however from what i was told, in order to switch out easily...it has to be within 90 days...and its been almost 120. In my defense...the reps have been telling me "wait until VZ releases new firmware"....and ive been patiently waiting and now im screwed out of my 90 days.

What do you guys think my chances are? I have a long history with VZ (atleast 6 years) and its because of them I waited longer than 90 days. I shouldnt have to live with a defected phone that they KNOW is defected. I should have a strong argument.
    11-05-09 03:56 PM
    No its has to be within the first 30 days.
    & how is it verizons mistake bc you didn't return the phone within the first 30 days. they didn't hold a gun to your head saying you can't return it.
    11-05-09 03:59 PM
    Nill...
    Buy retail... dont tell us how long you've been with verizon as the reps dont care.
    Its defectIVE not defected.

You can call and pi ss and moan and escalate but it will get you nowhere. Because of supervisors giving the farm away, then those customers going and telling their friend to call and escalate to get what they want has put the bull-sh it meter at verizon on high alert.
    Sorry.
    11-05-09 04:06 PM
    but I did return it the first time. They were actually extremely reluctant to give me a new one and kept telling me to wait.

technically its not bs......the phone really is having trouble scrolling (the first 2 did, not sure about the third one...i get it on monday).....i scroll left...it goes right.

This isnt just a thread because the Droid is cooler and now I want it....its actually a legitimate argument. I love the Tour but am fed up with the scrolling.
    Last edited by carzaddict; 11-05-09 at 04:09 PM.
    11-05-09 04:06 PM
    well at this point it doesn't even matter anymore...you are wayyyy out of the 30 day window. you are screwed and will have to buy full retail.

i suggest sell your tour and then you will have some of the money for the tour!
    11-05-09 04:09 PM
    True, i guess that would be my last resort.......but wouldnt hurt to try.

Any word on retail price for Droid? and a brand new Tour?
    11-05-09 04:13 PM
    good call...
    11-05-09 04:13 PM
    Yeah prob up around 539.99 for the droid im guessing...
    11-05-09 04:23 PM
    Its not in the system yet. Isnt it coming out like soon?
    I heard this week and then I heard black friday.
    Who cares I cant get mine till april anyhoo.
    11-05-09 04:24 PM
    Not gonna happen...

In no way, shape or form is the Droid a comparable model to the Tour. If you're lucky you'll get a new Tour or Storm... But not a Droid...

Your time with the company means something to them, but not $500 just because you're not happy with the phone. Saying you're newly replaced Tour "will most likely crap as well" is just reaching for reason you deserve a Droid...

If you really want the newest thing out there, you're going to have to pay for it...
    11-05-09 04:31 PM
    Now let's look at it from a different angle. Say you get that Moto Droid & it too has problems. Then what?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 05:09 PM
    If you're Tour is truly defective, return it and they'll replace it. They did with mine. It's been fine ever since.

If you want a droid, return it, get the replacement, sell the new one, buy the droid.

That's probably the only way you'll get it without paying full retail. I doubt they would give you a droid as a replacement. You bought the Tour, and it's over the 30 days. You won't have an arguement.
    11-05-09 05:14 PM
    the only choice i see you having is paying retail for the phone and selling your tour to make up some of the difference.. good luck.... if you can and complain you might get a discount.. but not a change on getting it for the 2 year price.....
    11-05-09 07:15 PM
    So let me get this straight, you are claiming a replacement that hasn't even been sent to you yet, is crap, and you deserve a different model phone that you didn't purchase? Ask RIM to replace your phone then and leave VZW out of it.
    11-05-09 07:51 PM
    Its not in the system yet. Isnt it coming out like soon?
    I heard this week and then I heard black friday.
    Who cares I cant get mine till april anyhoo.
    Droid drops tomorrow. 11/6/09.

To the OP, if verizon let everyone return their "junk" phone when a better one comes out, they wouldn't be a profitable company. If you want a droid so bad, fork over full retail.
    11-05-09 07:54 PM
    So does the Eris
    11-05-09 07:55 PM
    Actually, just a couple hours now.

11-05-09 09:53 PM
    I have had one for several hours already I like everything but the kb. It blows away the TP2 in speed and the TP2 blows the Droids kb away

11-05-09 10:04 PM
    I have had one for several hours already I like everything but the kb. It blows away the TP2 in speed and the TP2 blows the Droids kb away
    That keyboard really is crap, isn't it? Its like why even bother...
    11-06-09 01:06 AM
    That keyboard really is crap, isn't it? Its like why even bother...
    coming from a curve or Tour, I could see why someone would say it's absolutely terrible

but it's passable

not a deal breaker imo
    11-06-09 02:06 AM
    Coming from a TP2, all keyboards are terrible.

But the one on the Moto Droid is one that makes a Pre look good.

And that 1998 Audiovox/Ericsson look IS a dealbreaker for many. Too many people I've shown it to over the past week have said one thing: YUCK!
    11-06-09 02:24 AM
    I would take the Droid keyboard over a Pre... The Pre has a Centro like keyboard, which is awful....

Though I would agree... The Touch Pro 2's keyboard is really top notch for a full length Qwerty on a cell phone...

I don't really see the need for the 5-Way D-Pad on the Droid's keyboard.... It takes up way too much space, and there really could have been a much better keyboard with the space they had...

11-06-09 02:55 AM
    With a touchscreen right there, having a D-Pad is kind of silly - or at least redundant.

11-06-09 08:32 AM
    With a touchscreen right there, having a D-Pad is kind of silly - or at least redundant.

It might have been better to leave the D-pad out of it and given the keyboard the entire spot. The D-pad will come in handy though for games and such though. I'll use the onscreen keypad in landscape mode most of the time so it really doesn't bother me.
    11-06-09 10:31 AM
    It might have been better to leave the D-pad out of it and given the keyboard the entire spot. The D-pad will come in handy though for games and such though. I'll use the onscreen keypad in landscape mode most of the time so it really doesn't bother me.
    Agreed. The dpad should be out of there. My right thumb has to reach farther then my left which doesn't make for a nice experience when typing long emails. Whoever designed that setup should have their head examined. On the other hand a dpad is nice for selecting small links on a webpage.

11-06-09 10:42 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD