I have a question. I am thinking of getting the Storm, but do not want to pay full price for it. Therefore, I was going to setup another line on my Family Share Plan. If I get the storm, I will want to remove the Blackberry service from my Curve and have it on the Storm. Will I be able to do this, or will I be forced to have it on both blackberries?
    Thanks in advance.
    11-14-08 07:50 AM
    I don't think Verizon lets you have a bb without a bb plan attached to it. I would ask them though and see what they say you can do but I think they don't allow that.
    11-14-08 07:52 AM
    A bb data plan is required for active bb devices. The best alternative is to activate another non-bb device on that line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 07:53 AM
    A bb data plan is required for active bb devices. The best alternative is to activate another non-bb device on that line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    as long as there is a BB on your VZW line, you must have a data plan attached, you can't activate a regular line then switch a BB too it.
    11-14-08 08:44 AM
    I would go on Ebay and get a cheap phone so you don't have to pay for two data plans....
    11-14-08 08:50 PM
    So if i added a line(Storm). Would the Storm have my same number? Would the dumb phone have a separate number? What happens after 30 days when i cancel the dumbphone line?
    11-14-08 09:19 PM
    So if i added a line(Storm). Would the Storm have my same number? Would the dumb phone have a separate number? What happens after 30 days when i cancel the dumbphone line?
    Stop trying to play the system. Verizon has all their bases covered. If you added a line for the Blackberry Storm, it would have it's own, new phone number, if you moved the Storm to your main phone number and a dumbphone to the new phone number that was added and canceled the new phone number, you would have to pay an early termination fee, unless you returned the Storm within 30 days. Verizon knows what phone you purchased at the time a line is added to your account. If you cancel the new phone number without returning the Storm, you will be charged the early termination fee. If you decide to keep the Storm on the new phone number and cancel your main line, you will have to pay the early termination fee on your main line, depending on how far along in your contract you are, would depend on the early termination fee.
    11-14-08 10:18 PM
    Stop trying to play the system. Verizon has all their bases covered. If you added a line for the Blackberry Storm, it would have it's own, new phone number, if you moved the Storm to your main phone number and a dumbphone to the new phone number that was added and canceled the new phone number, you would have to pay an early termination fee, unless you returned the Storm within 30 days. Verizon knows what phone you purchased at the time a line is added to your account. If you cancel the new phone number without returning the Storm, you will be charged the early termination fee. If you decide to keep the Storm on the new phone number and cancel your main line, you will have to pay the early termination fee on your main line, depending on how far along in your contract you are, would depend on the early termination fee.
    ...not to mention you would still have to pay the activation fee and the service fees for the period you actually had the active line.
    11-14-08 10:20 PM
    ...not to mention you would still have to pay the activation fee and the service fees for the period you actually had the active line.
    Exactly... Good looking out.
    11-14-08 10:21 PM
    I'm fine with the ETF. Do i keep the old number on the Storm?
    11-15-08 06:05 PM
    I'm fine with the ETF. Do i keep the old number on the Storm?
    Are you sure you want to do that?

Let me explain it this way. You pay $249.99 for the phone. If you cancel service before the rebate is processed, then you don't get the rebate. So you won't be getting $50 of your $249.99 back. Then if you don't return the storm, you will have to pay the activation fee of $35 and the early termination fee of $175.00.

$249.99 + $35 + $175 = $459.99. That's before even paying any of the service fees or taxes for the period you have the active line.

The full-retail cost of the Storm is $499.99 (I looked it up).

Is saving at most $40 worth the trouble to you?

I would just pay the full-retail cost and put it on my existing line and be done with it if it were me.
    11-15-08 06:50 PM
    but what if you kept the dummy phone active until one of your lines contract was up and caneled it. if it was a year, you would still get the rebate and pay $9.99 for 12 months. a LOT cheaper than full retail, right?
    11-15-08 07:25 PM
    but what if you kept the dummy phone active until one of your lines contract was up and caneled it. if it was a year, you would still get the rebate and pay $9.99 for 12 months. a LOT cheaper than full retail, right?
    Correct.
    11-15-08 08:56 PM
    It amazes me the hoops people will jump through to get a new phone. Granted, I've played with the Storm and it's a nice phone (and I will probably get one when I can upgrade next), but still it's just a phone.
    11-15-08 10:39 PM
    It amazes me the hoops people will jump through to get a new phone. Granted, I've played with the Storm and it's a nice phone (and I will probably get one when I can upgrade next), but still it's just a phone.

LOL! It's an addiction, what can we say Perhaps we need rehab?
    11-15-08 11:12 PM
    I can't afford full retail at launch and don't wan't to wait until i have enough. I'm sure MANY others are in the same position which is why these questions keep popping up. If i could just get charged the 2 year price and have it billed to my account, i could have it paid by the next billing cycle.
    11-15-08 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD