I inquired through Verizon and found out my NE2 isn't until 8/10 but I can upgrade in Dec for a discounted price. What's the difference? What would be the discount in Dec.?
    Last edited by Brian.; 09-07-09 at 10:05 PM.
    09-07-09 09:52 PM
    Sounds like you're eligible for the sale price. Ask a VZW rep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 09:56 PM
    If you do an early upgrade (before 8/10) two things happen:

1. If you wait till the regular upgrade date you get a credit toward the purchase of a new phone (usually $50 or $100) on top of the discounted price for signing a contract. If you upgrade early you lose that credit but still get the discounted pricing.

2. If you upgrade early there's also a $30 fee that will be issued onyour next bill

So... if you upgrade early you lose the credit and you pay $30 bucks. But you still get your new phone at the discounted price (which will vary depending if you sign a 1 or 2 year contract).
    09-07-09 10:17 PM
    1-800-922-0204. call and ask. towlie is incorrect on some points, btw

edit: actually read the full text that he/she wrote... he/she is quite wrong on multiple points
    09-07-09 10:23 PM
    Thanks - that explains it. I have a Pearl now and I'm looking for a new blackberry. Do you advise against doing it this way or is it just preference?
    09-07-09 10:23 PM
    If you do an early upgrade (before 8/10) two things happen:

1. If you wait till the regular upgrade date you get a credit toward the purchase of a new phone (usually $50 or $100) on top of the discounted price for signing a contract. If you upgrade early you lose that credit but still get the discounted pricing.

2. If you upgrade early there's also a $30 fee that will be issued onyour next bill

So... if you upgrade early you lose the credit and you pay $30 bucks. But you still get your new phone at the discounted price (which will vary depending if you sign a 1 or 2 year contract).
    Actually the fee was 20 bucks last I knew..... and its waived for VIPs...

As stated you lose your NE2 credit, but still get the new 2 year contract price
    09-07-09 10:25 PM
    Actually the fee was 20 bucks last I knew..... and its waived for VIPs...

As stated you lose your NE2 credit, but still get the new 2 year contract price
    corrected two of the.... potentially 5 incorrect points (s)he said
    09-07-09 10:27 PM
    Also, to take part in the early upgrade program a 2 year contract must be signed....... And the ne2 credit is 30 and 50 now I believe. Not sure on the exact price but they cut the credit amount months ago

09-07-09 11:01 PM
    Also, to take part in the early upgrade program a 2 year contract must be signed....... And the ne2 credit is 30 and 50 now I believe. Not sure on the exact price but they cut the credit amount months ago

It will be whatever it had been until they upgrade. After that, it will drop to the 30 or 50... if they had 100 before the change and have not upgraded yet, then they would still have the 100.... there is the 3rd... can ya get the 2 other incorrect things?
    09-07-09 11:03 PM
    Early upgrade isn't on next months bill?

Not sure on the last one

09-07-09 11:07 PM
    haha getting 4 out of 5 is pretty good. 5th is if the sales rep checks the mailers the customer has gotten, very often, especially if they are VIP, they have a credit on an early upgrade. Sometimes it is the same amount as if they actually wait for the NE2 upgrade (max i have seen is $75)
    09-07-09 11:09 PM
    Since I don't or never have worked for vzw I wouldn't know that..... So I should take those things with me when I go?

09-07-09 11:12 PM
    they are usually in the computer... and they do expire... the computers are basically idi0t proof now, any offer you have usually will be discounted automatically, but wouldnt hurt to bring them in.... congrats on not working for VZW and catching all those mistakes, you had me fooled
    09-07-09 11:16 PM
    they are usually in the computer... and they do expire... the computers are basically idi0t proof now, any offer you have usually will be discounted automatically, but wouldnt hurt to bring them in...
    That is some good info. I have a question though. When I bought my Curve almost 2 years ago I got an offer emailed to me saying I could upgrade early at a special price with 2yr contract. I was excited and went to the local VZW store (a corporate store not authorized dealer) and they told me they needed me to bring them a printout of the offer. I asked if I could just print it there and they told me no as they did not have internet access to do this. I understood and went home to print the offer out because I don't live that far from the store.

Would that offer have been viewable through my account too? It isn't a problem for me to have to print it out, I was just wondering for future reference.
    09-07-09 11:59 PM
    That is some good info. I have a question though. When I bought my Curve almost 2 years ago I got an offer emailed to me saying I could upgrade early at a special price with 2yr contract. I was excited and went to the local VZW store (a corporate store not authorized dealer) and they told me they needed me to bring them a printout of the offer. I asked if I could just print it there and they told me no as they did not have internet access to do this. I understood and went home to print the offer out because I don't live that far from the store.

Would that offer have been viewable through my account too? It isn't a problem for me to have to print it out, I was just wondering for future reference.
    sometimes yes sometimes no. i think if it is emailed to you, its probably promoting an online only offer, which stores cannot honor. if it was able to be done, the system would have automatically done it.
    09-08-09 07:01 AM
    I figured that if I am gonna be here answering questions I should know what I am talking about, so I have been learning slowly but airelt

09-08-09 10:17 AM
    I should also slowly but SURELY learn to type on this god forsaken pearl........ I would rather have a damn 1980s model the size of my labor relations textbook lol

09-08-09 10:20 AM
    Yeah the pearl is quite the jewel lol
    09-08-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD