Yesterday, my berry stopped connecting to my bluetooth, and the web browser kept freezing, so i called tech support. got a really nice lady who knew what she was talking about, and she determined the device needed to be exchanged, no problem to me. So i call the vzw store to see if they got a replacement in stock and the guy pulls up my account and says, "yeah we have them in stock, but by the notes on the account idk if i can swap it unless you have the box and receipt and all." i proceed to explain i know the mfg warranty doesnt state that and all this and he says.."come into the store, and we will see what we can do for you in this situation" . so i say bull**** and hang up, call back to verizon, get some dumb guy who wants to agree with the guy at the store, so i hang up. then call another store, and the guy says, "oh no problem i got one here, ill hold it for you and do it right when you get in, ill swap everything, except you have to keep the same battery" (no problem thats standard, and the battery is good.)

has anyone else gotten the run around when trying to just merely get a functional phone from verizon?
    03-08-08 10:34 AM
    had a very simialr incounter with verizon. before i got my 8830 i had a treo 700p, that pos broke three times and i had enough. i wanted to switch it for a phone of equal or less value. at the local store they gave me nothing but gruff and refused to do anything to help me. i left and then got on the phone with verizion. the women was very help full and not only aproved me for the phone but also called the specific verizon store and had them pull it form the shelf and prepare it for me. after this i no longer deal with the retailer any more and if i want things done i call them direct and make them call the store. and since i got the 8830 i have had no problems what so ever.
    03-08-08 11:05 AM
    Authorized agents have different policies than corporate stores. Make sure you call a corporate location about phone problems they have technicians and replacements

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-08 06:11 PM
    I had the same problem with my Motorola Q before I switched to AT&T. All of a sudden my phone stopped sending and receiving text messages so I called customer service and the guy said they would send me a new phone immediately but I had to keep the same battery. I got the new phone and was still having problems with it. So I went into a corporate store and they wanted to give me another damn Q.
    03-11-08 09:19 AM
    I did call a corporate location. I got the number from the techs at 611.

03-11-08 09:30 AM
    I did call a corporate location. I got the number from the techs at 611.

You'd be surprised how many times customer service will send a customer to my store (Authorized Agent) for an exchange.
    03-11-08 12:55 PM
    You'd be surprised how many times customer service will send a customer to my store (Authorized Agent) for an exchange.
    you work for verizon? anyway to get me a red bb instead of my silver?!?!

03-11-08 01:00 PM
    I'm gonna call about mine, I want a red one too.
    03-11-08 01:24 PM
    I'm gonna call about mine, I want a red one too.
    let me know what they tell you!!!!
    03-11-08 01:34 PM
    you work for verizon? anyway to get me a red bb instead of my silver?!?!

I don't work for Verizon. I'm just an authorized agent.
    03-11-08 01:58 PM
    oh man. i think i want the red one
    03-11-08 02:24 PM
    The red one is awesome! Everyone in my office keeps saying how much better it looks than whatever bb they have. Some have the silver version and some poor people have the 8703. I feel for them... sort of. lol. Of course, any 'berry is better than no 'berry!
    03-11-08 04:30 PM
    I called Verizon to see about getting a warranty replacement. I asked if it was possible to get a red one but since I have the silver one that's the color I'm going to get as my replacement. Not that big of a deal I guess.

03-12-08 02:58 AM
    how many silver have you been through? if they replace the device three times then for similar problems in a 3 month pd then you qualify to have a new device, at which point you could get the red!
    03-12-08 07:38 AM
    how many silver have you been through? if they replace the device three times then for similar problems in a 3 month pd then you qualify to have a new device, at which point you could get the red!
    This will be my second silver one. I asked for a red one but that was a no go.
    03-12-08 09:38 AM
    the red one is sweet, i am so happy to have it.

at night the white looks SOOOOO much nicer then the blue ever could!
    03-15-08 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD