I have this friend (honest, it is NOT me). Anyway, he was with Alltel for a while and then the merger happened. He continued having his phone for a month or two after that, then it was shut off. Evidently, he owed Verizon a bunch of money. So his phone is just lying around gathering dust. I have 5 lines on my account and he offered to give the phone to me for a line that the phone was "washed" in the washing machine. My question is: Can I use that phone for one of my lines? If I use the phone, will the old balance owed on the Verizon account catch up to me thru the phone's EIN number? Opinions?
    11-05-09 09:25 PM
    If his account was hotlined or marked, the ESN may be blocked. Even if its not and the phone is still "active", meaning still on the account, it can't be added to yours. Because the ESN can only be on one account at any time. So, I dunno......you may wanna get more info from your friend.
    11-05-09 09:44 PM
    dont think they will let you use an alltel phone on a verizon plan anyways, unless you are a merger customer... not sure if you can even do it then....

they are letting you activate vzw phones on your alltel plan, but not the other way around
    11-05-09 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD