Does Verizon allow people to use a phone for a trial period and exchange for something else if they don't want it?

Reason for asking: My work line is available for an upgrade soon and the Storm is supposedly coming out before the end of the year. I would definitely like to try this out to see if i can deal with a full touch screen device for work purposes instead of a knee-**** reaction to choose the Curve 8330 for the qwerty keypad.

I think most carriers have at least a 30-day trial period for phones, but I don't know the details for Verizon specifically.

Help here is appreciated. Also, for those in the consulting field, advice on choosing between an 8330, 8830WE (i don't travel internationally at this point), and the Storm would be appreciated from those in the know.

Thanks in advance.
    09-25-08 09:30 PM
    Yes, you have 30 days.

8830 has no camera and less memoury than the curve, FWIT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 09:35 PM
    that's what I thought. Now, all I need is a definitive release date so I can try one out for a short while! It's driving me nuts, especially after the earnings call this afternoon and their stock getting slammed....
    09-25-08 09:41 PM
    Darling, we are ALL waiting on a release date...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 09:44 PM
    Does Verizon allow people to use a phone for a trial period and exchange for something else if they don't want it?

Reason for asking: My work line is available for an upgrade soon and the Storm is supposedly coming out before the end of the year. I would definitely like to try this out to see if i can deal with a full touch screen device for work purposes instead of a knee-**** reaction to choose the Curve 8330 for the qwerty keypad.

I think most carriers have at least a 30-day trial period for phones, but I don't know the details for Verizon specifically.

Help here is appreciated. Also, for those in the consulting field, advice on choosing between an 8330, 8830WE (i don't travel internationally at this point), and the Storm would be appreciated from those in the know.

Thanks in advance.
    You do have 30 days to return or exchange with no questions asked. Just keep in mind after you've had the phone for the first 48 hours, if you decide to exchange after that and before your 30 days is up, it will be a $20 esn change fee.
    09-28-08 03:45 PM
    Storm is also a "world" phone. Has both CDMA and GSM (900 mhtz and 2100 mhtz I think). So if you do decide to go with that you kinda get the best of the Curve and 8830.

As much hoopla as there is around the Storm you can almost guarantee it will be out before Christmas. They would be dumb to not get it out for the biggest buying time of the year.
    09-28-08 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD