I'm going to Europe for all of June and was trying to find the number to call verizon to see if they'll unlock my phone so that I can use the SIM cards my family has over there with my storm. If anyone could provide the number it would be much appreciated.

Also, I was wondering if I use a SIM card that just has call/text, will my auto update weather or push email attempt to use data and drain money on the SIM card? Or do I not have to worry about that?

One more question, would verizon be able to put my US phone plan on hold to save us some money for the month that we're gone?

Thanks for the help!
    05-22-10 03:57 PM
    Verizon Global Support (800) 711-8300

If you get a SIM card that just has call/text, your data will not work. Personally, I would uninstall those applications such as Weather if I was going to be there for a month.
    05-22-10 04:17 PM
    Just disable your data while there
    Mobile Network

Not sure if it would drain your battery to leave data on, but just in case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 04:24 PM
    If you opt for Verizon's GLOBAL plan, then it takes the place of your BIS plan. So you would stop paying $30/month and start paying $65/month ir $35 more overall. But you get UNlimited data. You keep your normal phone number BUT calls are more expensive (reduced if you pay Global another $5/month) but Euro callers would be calling the US number (international for them) but your US callers would not notice the difference.

Or yup, use a foreign sim for the calling. I think if you call 611 (??) you can get to Global that way.
    05-22-10 06:50 PM
    Thanks everyone for the help, I called global support this morning and they unlocked my phone with no problems!

Would I need to change anything under network after I put in the foreign SIM or should I be able to use it to call and text people in europe right off the bat?
    05-25-10 03:19 PM