Hey all,

So my wife and I will be heading to Bromont & Montreal in about a month. The last time I was in the Canada (same area as this time, actually) my Verizon phone (a RAZR at the time) worked fine, but I found out that I had roaming charges later on. Fortunately, I didn't talk on my phone that much, so it wasn't too bad.

Now, I'll be going to Canada for five days with my always-data-connected Blackberry. Anyone know what sort of options I may have for getting coverage without having to pay through the nose for roaming data/voice charges? I have a Storm, so GSM is an option if I get a SIM card with someone, but that might not even be necessary. Perhaps the best thing to do is call Verizon and see what they say.

Anyone else dealt with this already? How did you handle it?

Thanks,

-SR-
    10-28-09 04:38 PM
    I know they have some international plans, they get pricey, but they should just let you temporarily switch before you leave and then change back when you return. There is ample CDMA and GSM coverage.
    10-28-09 04:52 PM
    My wife travels to Canada frequently, we generally text as much as possible since messaging to Canada is already covered in our/your plan. She also add's on the international data package which allows her to email and BBM as much as she desires. It's an extra $30 for the international data package. We generally try to keep the phone calls to a minimum and just pay any charges that we accumulate. Changing calling plans is generally a pain in the a$$ for me, I prefer to just deal with the overages.
    10-28-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD