I am making a three day trip up to Winnipeg, Canada (Brrrrrr) next week and so I called Verizon CS and was trying to figure out my options for international plans (Data, text, voice). The lady told me I was pretty much SOL with my curve. I was like WTF, not out loud of course. So it looks like I will turn off my e-mails for the three days and check e-mail from the hotel, use text and voice sparingly.

My question is this. Am I really SOL? And, what is the easiest way to turn off the e-mails from coming to my BB?

You guys/gals have been great learning tools so far and I'm sure you wont let me down this time.
    01-16-09 10:59 AM
    Canada is hit and miss. See Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless foward slash international. Sorry no fwd slash on a Blackberry. You can see coverage and rates

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 01:38 PM
    Try this link:

Calling From Canada

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 03:02 PM
    I actually figured this one out myself. I turned on the "e-mail headers only" option on the BIS site. And I could have turned off the e-mail forwarding altogether. I am sure it saved me, or the company rather, a couple dollars.
    01-26-09 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD