I am considering switching to at&t from verizon for the iphone. I was wondering if anyone could give me any step by step directions from ordering to closing the verizon account. The problem i think is that my verizon account is a family plan with 4 people on it(including me). So when I port my number to at&t will it just close my line or the whole family plan.
    Thank's in advance.
    12-29-09 10:38 PM
    If you port out your number, it will close just your line. If there is an ETF, thats all you'll get.
    12-29-09 10:42 PM
    So it wont close the family plan? It will just close my line and the etf will be added to the etf when the next bill comes to the rest of my family
    12-29-09 10:48 PM
    So it wont close the family plan? It will just close my line and the etf will be added to the etf when the next bill comes to the rest of my family
    Correct sir.
    The other lines will be fine. Also, if you are the Primary number make sure to make a new line your Primary or your other lines will be "orphaned" and will have to pay for each minute used. Well not really pay for it, it would be fixed, but might as well try to avoid the hassle.
    12-29-09 11:05 PM
    I am considering switching to at&t from verizon for the iphone. I was wondering if anyone could give me any step by step directions from ordering to closing the verizon account. The problem i think is that my verizon account is a family plan with 4 people on it(including me). So when I port my number to at&t will it just close my line or the whole family plan.
    Thank's in advance.
    Honestly, I'll be completely shocked if Verizon's not selling iPhones by Fall.
    12-29-09 11:38 PM
    Yes but i think that if they get there hands on selling it, there prices will just keep going up.
    12-30-09 03:39 PM
    thats stupid, why the heck to you want to go to AT&T, just because hte iPhone is nice and all, does not mean its worth going to ****ty AT&T over

seriously, its that bad, look

http://pulse2.com/wp-content/uploads...p-for-that.jpg
    12-30-09 11:10 PM
    Verizon = Can you here me now?

AT&T = Can you hear me yet?
    12-30-09 11:14 PM
    You will not like AT & T that is nuts to leave Verizon just to have the iphone. I have 3 friends who have the iphone and they have horrible service and they even say so.
    You really should rethink this decision.
    12-30-09 11:38 PM
    where i live there is great 3g coverage and same with service when i go on vacation. I have had great experience with apple products and thats why i would choose the iphone
    12-31-09 07:56 AM
    where i live there is great 3g coverage and same with service when i go on vacation. I have had great experience with apple products and thats why i would choose the iphone
    Did you even bother to look at that map?
    12-31-09 12:32 PM
    Yes i did why do you think i wouldn't look at it and just go around buying stuff
    12-31-09 01:41 PM
    I also would like to leave verizon cause of their pricing
    12-31-09 01:41 PM
    Give us a run down of what you have now; plan, price, minutes, txt..etc.. that way those of us that work with Verizon can give you a price plan analysis to see if the pricing is that big of an issue.

I understand you have had great service when it comes to apple products but one thing you have to consider when thinking about a switch is that a phone is only as good as the network it's on. While the iphone in theory is a great device, it is really crippled on the ATT network.
    12-31-09 01:56 PM
    I concur, between us all we should be able to figure out where you're spending extra money and can save a couple pennies here and there.
    12-31-09 03:11 PM
    I also would like to leave verizon cause of their pricing
    Veirzon and AT&T price plans are EXACTLY the same.
    12-31-09 06:30 PM
    Enjoy AT&T, hope you love your iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 07:46 PM
    I haven't even switched yet..I am waiting to see if verizon moves toward getting the iphone cool your jets
    01-01-10 04:11 PM
    I haven't even switched yet..I am waiting to see if verizon moves toward getting the iphone cool your jets
    No one will know until the AT&T/Apple exclusive is up. And no one knows the answer to that, except perhaps Steve Jobs and whoever heads up AT&T.
    01-02-10 02:06 PM
    Hope your patient. I highly doubt that will happen, too many things have to happen and I don't see Apple or Verizon budging. Even after the exclusivity with AT&T is done, I see them staying with AT&T.
    01-02-10 04:18 PM
    Hope your patient. I highly doubt that will happen, too many things have to happen and I don't see Apple or Verizon budging.
    Verizon has already budged. They went on record multiple times saying that it's currently up to Apple and they'd be happy to have their product.
    01-02-10 05:08 PM
    First, youre on a family share plan where your line costs 40 max with a BB. You would be switching to a single line ATT plan that is the same price as verizons single line plans. And you would be at least at 90/month for 450 minutes, unlimited text and data for an iphone. You'll be paying more for ****ty service and a cool toy.
    01-04-10 12:50 AM
    Verizon has already budged. They went on record multiple times saying that it's currently up to Apple and they'd be happy to have their product.
    Yeah.. that doesn't mean they've budged. That means it's currently up to apple to budge...
    01-04-10 12:51 AM
    AGAIN, it will not happen and those articles you read that it MIGHT happen when VZW goes to LTE, those journalist are looking for publicity. If you study the two companies in depth, mainly Apple you'll understand better. Neither company has budged on the issues that keep Apple from coming to VZW and history shows that they will not. If you understand the two companies better you'll understand.

BTW, Verizon going on record making a statement means, well............NOTHING.
    01-04-10 02:49 AM
    AGAIN, it will not happen and those articles you read that it MIGHT happen when VZW goes to LTE, those journalist are looking for publicity. If you study the two companies in depth, mainly Apple you'll understand better. Neither company has budged on the issues that keep Apple from coming to VZW and history shows that they will not. If you understand the two companies better you'll understand.

BTW, Verizon going on record making a statement means, well............NOTHING.
    Thanks for helping me understand.

My point was that Verizon said in it's 3rd quarter earnings conference call that they would happily have the iPhone and that it's totally up to Apple.

From Verizon CEO Says Decision to Offer iPhone Entirely Apple's Call | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD
    ---
    During a conference call to discuss third-quarter earnings, CEO Ivan Seidenberg said bringing the iPhone to Verizon (VZ), however, is entirely Apples (AAPL) call.

This is a decision that is exclusively in Apples court, said Seidenberg. Obviously we would be interested if they thought it would make sense for them to have us as a partner. And so we will leave it with them on that score.We want to broaden the base of choice for customers, and hopefully along the way, Apple, as well as others, will decide to jump on the bandwagon.
    ---

I wasn't quoting an article or anything of speculation, nor did I say it was going to happen. I was quoting Verizon. And he said nothing of LTE with regard to getting the iPhone.

But again, thanks for helping me understand.
    Last edited by ericsmcdonald; 01-04-10 at 11:33 AM.
    01-04-10 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD