My wife has her line under her parents family plan. She is eligible for an upgrade soon and wants an iPhone or Android. What I want to do is open a new account in my name (I don't have a personal plan, my Blackberry is through work and I use that for everything) and have her line and phone on my own account. Eventually I will add my own personal BB to our plan. Is this possible to do? If so, do I have to do it in a VZW store or can I do it online?

Thank you.
    08-06-12 05:35 PM
    Verizon has a new plan system where you add a phone and a data share package.

The first smartphone will cost 40 for the phone monthly plus around 30 for data.

That data can be shared amongst any additional smartphones or dumb phones added.

Each additional smart phone will cost an additional 40 dollars and will share the unlimited texts and minutes and the data package.

Super simple. All of this can be done online.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-15-12 11:33 AM
    My wife has her line under her parents family plan. She is eligible for an upgrade soon and wants an iPhone or Android. What I want to do is open a new account in my name (I don't have a personal plan, my Blackberry is through work and I use that for everything) and have her line and phone on my own account. Eventually I will add my own personal BB to our plan. Is this possible to do? If so, do I have to do it in a VZW store or can I do it online?

Thank you.
    What you are describing is called a Change of Liability and can be done both you and the Primary Account Holder (one of her parents) has to visit the corporate store and they will take care of it. They will do a credit check on you as you area new customer and you will owe any required deposit immediately.

If this isn't possible a rep may call the account holder and ask them to authorize the change but they arent really supposed to do that.
    08-23-12 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD