Hi...just upgraded to storm...i have my contacts saved on vzw's website. can i transfer those contacts to my storm or do i have to go to the store?
    01-28-09 01:29 PM
    I've never saved my contacts on VZW's website, but, the store should be able to take care of it. This might differ from store to store though. I've had one store tell me they would transfer them and another store tell me they don't have the proper connectors. Although, I think this guy was being lazy and just didn't want to do it. Not sure.

BB to BB shouldn't be hard - you should be able to do that with the Desktop Manager. You didn't mention if you upgraded or not, though.
    01-28-09 02:33 PM
    i am going from vx8600 lg to storm..and i was trying to avoid going to the storm1
    01-28-09 02:55 PM
    Saving your contacts to VZW's back-up assistant will do nothing for you when it comes to your BB. There is no easy way to do it. The only way I found after searching the posts on CB was to do it manually. There was one post that referred to emailing your contact list to your BB but did not go into detail on how to add them to your BB contact list. I spent hours adding my 200 contacts.
    01-28-09 03:40 PM
    See if you can export your vzw contacts. If so, you could import to a yahoo or google account.

Then you could sync w/ yahoo thru DM or w/ google ota via google sync.

Better than doing it manually 1 by 1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 06:37 PM
    Short of entering your contacts manually, only other options would be to have a store do a phone book transfer.

If you have some kind of 3rd party software to manage your phone book in your current device, you could move them off your phone and into Outlook that way. We use to offer software in our Mobile Office kits called Quicklink that would do just this.
    01-28-09 07:41 PM
    If you are having trouble, VZW stores can do it for you. Free of charge, they say they charge $10 but just argue a LITTLE and they usually just say screw the charge. Went through a few phones and haven't been charged yet.
    01-28-09 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD