03-20-09 10:14 PM
41 12
tools
    I've sent pics/videos/ringers back and forth with my computer and also my brother's dare.

I don't think Verizon has touched the bluetooth on the pearl. Any limitation comes from RIM.
    Hey I have the curve and the Dare and was trying to transfer my address book from the curve to the dare, I paired them up and hit menu> transfer address book on curve but it only transfers my top contact which is #bal, how do you do your whole phonebook at once?
    07-09-08 06:39 PM
    bluetooth transfer was just opened up for curve but only for curve not other devices
    Incorrect. BT transfer works for the 8703e as well. I'm guessing that it also works for the 8830WE.
    07-09-08 07:33 PM
    DD- yeah it works for the 8830.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 08:26 PM
    DD- yeah it works for the 8830.

Transferring from an 8830 to a Verizon LG phone, I've only been able to transfer the top contact in the list. It could be operator error, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Have you been able to transfer an entire address book, or group of contacts? Blackberry to non-Blackberry, or BB to BB?
    07-09-08 08:47 PM
    I couldn't do a BT FT between two VZW Curves!!! Both brand new, and we set it up properly. He hit send, and I would never get a notification or anything...
    LAME!
    07-18-08 09:12 AM
    no. i do it all the time.

i just can't seem to transfer shyt with my Berry via bluetooth.

Didn't Verizon disable file transfer via bluetooth for the Krazrs? I know they did it for the Razr's
    07-18-08 02:38 PM
    my bad, im on att krzr.

sowwy.
    07-18-08 02:39 PM
    I hink someone asked what I can transfer - I've done contact info although it was only like 3 contacts between my 8830vzw and a friends cingular lg - not sure of the model #. I have sent/recieved ring tones/pictures from co workers using nokias, sony erricson, and samsung phones. I just opened media and selected receive using bluetooth choose where to save on my sd card and that's that - after pairing of course. And it works from my computer to berry and vice versa. I think that's what was asked if I understood correctly.

07-18-08 04:34 PM
    also I've transferred word documents to my berry from cpu using blue tooth - o verizon phones if I'm correct can only trnasfer contacts one @ a time. I used to hv the samsung u740 and I was only able to select one at a time even though more were selected if that helps - if I'm wrong correct me.

07-18-08 04:40 PM
    Hey I have the curve and the Dare and was trying to transfer my address book from the curve to the dare, I paired them up and hit menu> transfer address book on curve but it only transfers my top contact which is #bal, how do you do your whole phonebook at once?

funny thing is i just got the curve and before i send back my dare i want to transfer over my address book and i am not able to do this....
    Last edited by by1333; 07-23-08 at 07:51 AM.
    07-23-08 07:27 AM
    I have an 8330 (with Verizon) and BT works fine in my car. I bought a Kensington 2.0 BT adapter for my Epson 620 printer and have successfully transferred photots from BB to printer via BT. I'd also like to transfer email attachments (i.e. word documents) from BB to printer via BT, but can't figure out how. Is this possible? It seems it's only possible to transfer a file or object that's within the "media" folder, like pictures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-11-08 04:56 PM
    I have an LG Dare and a Blackberry Curve 8330 and I am trying to get the Dare's phonebook transferred to the 8330 and I get connection errors. The LG Dare is VerizonWireless and the 8330 is Sprint. Any suggestions?
    03-17-09 09:27 PM
    i have a moto ming and a storm. i can transfer from my unlocked storm to the unlocked ming and back. i have been able to file transfer from the storm to an att samsung eternity without problems. now the phones i can transferto and from all have bluetooth OBJECT PUSH capabilities.

now i am unable to file tansfer to a verizon blackberry pearl 8130 and it does not show OBJECT PUSH in the device bluetooth properties.

also i cannot file transfer to a blackberry 8310 (not sure of the carrier), this phone also does not show the object push.

i hope this helps. i think verizon blocks most bluetooth and other manufacturers capabilities except for headsets and speaker devices.

maybe he phone can be unlocked and the capability of bluetooth file transfer gained.
    03-18-09 10:54 AM
    Unlocking a phone has nothing to do with bluetooth profiles.

03-18-09 11:53 AM
    is there any way to add the bluetooth object push and or fil transfer capabilities to some of these other backberry phones?
    03-18-09 01:19 PM
    i have a verizon 8330 and so far i've been able to transfer a ton of pictures via bluetooth but it won't work for mp3's. i don't have an sd card (yet) but it can't be a space thing since it's let me transfer nearly 9 mb's of photos. any ideas?
    03-20-09 10:14 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD