03-20-09 10:14 PM
41 12
tools
    I was trying to transfer a ringtone from my 8330 to my wifes Moto KRZR and couldnt make it work. Am I doing something wrong, or it is not able to be done. She is jelous of my ability to get all sorts of free ringtones and alike and wants some of them.
    07-04-08 09:51 AM
    I send pics and ringtones to a Razr frequently, shouldn't be much different.

Go to "set up Bluetooth", make sure both devices are in pairing mode, search for devices, it should find the KRZR. The default password for bluetooth is "0000" if prompted. Once paired, go to the ringtone you want to transfer in Media, hit Menu, Send Using Bluetooth. She will probably have to select "accept" on her device. Should be able to do it.
    07-04-08 10:03 AM
    Didn't Verizon disable file transfer via bluetooth for the Krazrs? I know they did it for the Razr's
    07-05-08 04:05 PM
    They disable bluetooth file transfer on pretty much everything.
    07-05-08 04:19 PM
    Yeah, Verizon also crippled OBEX.
    07-05-08 07:50 PM
    Wow that sucks cripple everything I don't think I could live with that.
    07-05-08 07:53 PM
    Wow no bluetooth! That sucks !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 08:11 PM
    They don't cripple Bluetooth on the 8330, at least. File transfers work fine.
    07-05-08 08:22 PM
    They don't cripple Bluetooth on the 8330, at least. File transfers work fine.
    Are you transferring BB to phone or BB to computer?
    07-05-08 09:42 PM
    Are you transferring BB to phone or BB to computer?
    Phone to computer (and vice versa), using the Microsoft BT stack on my XP laptop without DM loaded.

Phone to phone (also both directions), between my Curve and my now-retired Verizon 8703e, using stock Verizon firmware.

If file transfer isn't working between a BB and another phone, it's likely because the provider has disabled BT file transfer on the other phone. I'm not denying that Verizon disables FT on their dumb phones, I'm simply pointing out that it's not disabled on the Blackberries.

PS. Transfers were performed using both wallpapers and ringtones. Given the limited memory available on the 8703e, I couldn't test high-bitrate MP3 files, although the ringtones tested were in MP3 format.
    Last edited by Dodge Deboulet; 07-06-08 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Add'l testing detail
    07-06-08 07:18 AM
    I found the devices and tried to send a pic and it worked fine. I tried a ringtone, no dice. Now I have a new problem. I cant get the devices to connect to each other anymore. I did a battery pull on both and searched for the devices again and now they can find, but the connection is lost after about 10 sec. Any suggestions other than leaving Verizon? I really like Verizon for coverage and just signed a NE2 to get my curve. Thanks for all the help!!!
    07-06-08 07:58 AM
    Be sure the BT LED is enabled on the blackberry. That's a known issue. You can't keep a connection with it off.

07-06-08 08:18 AM
    Pardon me for being neive, but that is the blue light right?? If so, it was on. Thought about going to verizon store as they have been very helpful in the past, but didnt know if that was a smart move or not.
    07-06-08 08:39 AM
    Yes, that's the blue light. Are the devices still paired? If so, delete the pairing and re-pair them.

07-06-08 08:47 AM
    Sometimes, like Jeff said,un- pairing then repairing can help.

07-06-08 07:10 PM
    I've unpaired and repaired my BB with my MacBook a couple times and I'm still unable to transfer files. The BB will connect to my MacBook for a few seconds then just disconnect itself. When I had my Treo I was able to sync via bluetooth with no problem what so ever.
    07-06-08 10:04 PM
    Huh....perhaps there is a prob with your bt on the bb?

07-06-08 10:17 PM
    It works fine with my bluetooth headset.
    07-06-08 10:20 PM
    Interesting...I'm sorry buddy we are past my expertise...

07-06-08 11:05 PM
    I've unpaired and repaired my BB with my MacBook a couple times and I'm still unable to transfer files. The BB will connect to my MacBook for a few seconds then just disconnect itself. When I had my Treo I was able to sync via bluetooth with no problem what so ever.
    On the Blackberry, modify your Macbook's BT connection properties to disable encryption. No guarantee this will have an effect, but it's worth trying.

I don't mean this to come across as condescending, but I have to ask: You do realize that you have to be running the Media Manager program on the Blackberry to send and receive files, right? If you're going to send a file from the Mac to the Blackberry, you'll need to select "Receive using Bluetooth" on the MM menu before you initiate the transfer from the Mac. Once you start the transfer on the Mac side, you'll need to go back to the BB and confirm where you want the file stored.

After that, the transfer should complete.
    07-07-08 05:20 AM
    I would just avoid all that and send the ringtone to her via MMS. Or, barring that, you could find a copy of Motorola Phone Tools (there are numerous copies floating around out there for Mac and PC) and use that to put the ringtones on her Krazr from your computer. That is how I put the majority of the ringtones on my mother, father, and sister's phones.
    07-07-08 03:48 PM
    I've sent pics/videos/ringers back and forth with my computer and also my brother's dare.

I don't think Verizon has touched the bluetooth on the pearl. Any limitation comes from RIM.
    07-07-08 06:51 PM
    Holy crap! What the heck?!?
    07-07-08 06:52 PM
    its only open to bluetooth transfer between the curves as of now other phones are disabled to rec' bluetooth transfers
    07-09-08 03:56 PM
    bluetooth transfer was just opened up for curve but only for curve not other devices
    07-09-08 03:57 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD