Hello all,

I am wanting to transfer my wife's number that is under contract with Verizon to my Verizon account... is this possible? Her number is under contract through July. She has had her phone number for a long time and doesnt want to change it.

We've been using two seperate accounts for a while and just want to consolidate to save some money.
    03-20-09 08:33 PM
    hey price - if your both with verizon, i believe you can do that. A phone call and explain to them wat your looking to do-i dont know if it would extend your contract with them or not tho. You may not have to wait till July to do the switch. good luck with the change.
    03-20-09 08:36 PM
    Just call 611 and tell them you want to merge accounts. Since they don't have marriage records & are not trained in community property laws, they will need to speak with both of you to do an assumption of liability.

She will then get a final bill, which may include credits & whatnot. Her line will have a new one-year agreement attached to it, but this will not affect the NE2 date, so in a month or two she can still get a new phone, if she wants.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 08:44 PM
    Your wife will need to call CS and give permission to assume liability. Once this is noted you can call, and talk to the Assumption of Liability group (AOL), the they will make this happen.
    03-20-09 08:45 PM
    Your wife will need to call CS and give permission to assume liability. Once this is noted you can call, and talk to the Assumption of Liability group (AOL), the they will make this happen.
    Gotcha. So what happens to her contract? Her two year aggreement is up in July, and of course she would like to upgrade phones at that time. I would switch my plan over to the family plan, which starts a new two year agreement for mine. Does the contract on her number stay the same? Or will they want to extend her contract as well? Basically, we dont want to lose her NE2 cuz she is still using a razr that she has had that whole time.
    03-20-09 08:55 PM
    As stated above, they will want at least a 1 year contract most likely, but this should affect her NE2, or ask for early upgrade, they might help out with this.
    03-20-09 09:02 PM
    Just call 611 and tell them you want to merge accounts. Since they don't have marriage records & are not trained in community property laws, they will need to speak with both of you to do an assumption of liability.

She will then get a final bill, which may include credits & whatnot. Her line will have a new one-year agreement attached to it, but this will not affect the NE2 date, so in a month or two she can still get a new phone, if she wants.

Crap, sorry I didnt see this before I posted asking all the same questions. Thanks for the help you two!
    03-20-09 09:13 PM
    Crap, sorry I didnt see this before I posted asking all the same questions. Thanks for the help you two!
    It happens & you're welcome.

(AOL)
    Did VZW buy AOL too? Maybe for the first time in history, AOL won't suck!

03-20-09 09:21 PM
    I've seen reps merge them without extending the contract. If they want to extend it then i'm not sure how it'll affect your upgrade in July.
    03-20-09 10:19 PM
    I've seen reps merge them without extending the contract. If they want to extend it then i'm not sure how it'll affect your upgrade in July.
    Well looking at her account, she is eligible for her upgrade on Monday as that will be 20 months. So I think we are going to go ahead and upgrade and get her new phone next week, and then transfer it over to my account. We dont really care about the contracts, we both love Verizon service and dont plan on going anywhere for a very long time as long as it continues this way.

I think she wants the EnV2, trying to convince her to get a blackberry but she doesnt want one. She wants a full keyboard because she texts a ton.
    03-20-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD